Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahjoey78

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Hello,
My name is Sarah, I'm an architecture student about to head into grad school. I'm looking at building a desktop but not really sure what to look for. I need to run adobe CS5 and autocad products. If you could please help me out in what to look for that would be great!

Solution
according to your purpose

look for more cores in cpu
cpu intel i7-2600 or i7-2700

a motherboard with z68 chipset

go with nvidea's graphics cards which have cuda core technology
graphics card nvidea gtx 560ti (448 cuda core)

consider at least 8 gb of ram

use a 7200rpm hard disk drive or a solid state drive or if you can afford then use pci-e ssd

a good quality 600w psu/smps

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
according to your purpose

look for more cores in cpu
cpu intel i7-2600 or i7-2700

a motherboard with z68 chipset

go with nvidea's graphics cards which have cuda core technology
graphics card nvidea gtx 560ti (448 cuda core)

consider at least 8 gb of ram

use a 7200rpm hard disk drive or a solid state drive or if you can afford then use pci-e ssd

a good quality 600w psu/smps

Solution

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Before you all go recommending the most expensive processor you can find, how about we get a budget first. The performance of your computer is going to be directly proportional to how much money you can put into it...

With that being said, how much are you looking to spend on your new system?

+1 for truegenius

This is a very good starting build. Based on your budget will shape where you form this point. Solid State Drives (SSD) really add a benefits for boot times and access times for any application loaded on to it. If your budget is more constained you can with a Z68 board you can use the Intel SRT (Smart Response Technology) to use small SSD (<64GB) as a caching drive to give you better performance that you would get from a normal hard drive.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

sarahjoey78

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Thank you for all the suggestions! My budget is about $1000. Ill only really need it to last me the two years through grad school, then hopefully the firm I work for will provide me with a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.