Sign in with
Your question

Specific power supply required?

Last response: in Components
December 15, 2011 4:54:45 PM

Hi all...

I just finished my new build - all set to go, just need a power supply - but there may be specific requirements?

It is dual CPU tualatin. The board is brand new, so should be fine (might have it recapped to prolong life).

I cannot find CPU power (4 pin) slots anywhere. I read this processor (generation) did not use 12v and rely on a stable 5v rail instead.

Can somebody please suggest a stable power supply to run this board? I am also running a 7950GT AGP that is soon to be replaced with a 4670 AGP

December 15, 2011 4:56:04 PM

I was considering a Corsair VX 450. Supposed to have amazing power regulation. This board is old (although unused) so wan't a quality power supply to ensure no damage or pushing of ATX tolerances. Also would prefer modular :) 
January 20, 2012 7:29:52 PM

lmartinefc said:
Hi all...

I just finished my new build - all set to go, just need a power supply - but there may be specific requirements?

It is dual CPU tualatin. The board is brand new, so should be fine (might have it recapped to prolong life).

I cannot find CPU power (4 pin) slots anywhere. I read this processor (generation) did not use 12v and rely on a stable 5v rail instead.

Can somebody please suggest a stable power supply to run this board? I am also running a 7950GT AGP that is soon to be replaced with a 4670 AGP

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8302/securedownload3s.jpg

Any power supply will work. the p4 connector is for pentium 4 and up motherboards not p3 I have a 500w PSU with a cuv4x-d motherboard with 2 tualatin 1.4GHz overclocked to 1.8GHz and 4670 agp.Just remember that when you install windows you will need to install RIVA tuner to tell the VIA chipset to run at 4x mode otherwise it will be 2x even though you have it set to 4x in the BIOS it will read 2x in windows.
!