Jaheira questions (spoilers)

Is Jaheira supposed to leave for the Harper Hold
(the 2nd incident, the one in which she leaves a note)
regardless of whether the PC is in a romance with her?

I don't think I've ever had this happen before in any of
my games before but in my current one in which my
character is not in a romance with her, she did leave
for the Hold.

I'm not sure if this is how it should be - perhaps I usually
just don't sleep enough in the wilderness during most
games.
7 answers Last reply
More about jaheira questions spoilers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    kevin wrote:
    > Is Jaheira supposed to leave for the Harper Hold
    > (the 2nd incident, the one in which she leaves a note)
    > regardless of whether the PC is in a romance with her?

    Yes.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > kevin wrote:
    > > Is Jaheira supposed to leave for the Harper Hold
    > > (the 2nd incident, the one in which she leaves a note)
    > > regardless of whether the PC is in a romance with her?
    >
    > Yes.

    hmm... Jaheira also just got the Harpers pin from E. This
    is supposed to happen too? BTW, I apologize for the
    incremental questioning.

    It just seems like something strange is going on. Actually,
    I know something strange is going on because just now
    Imoen rushed over to Jaheira and said that she knows
    something is going on between her and the PC (and
    nothing actually is happening - I swear it!) and then at
    the end Imoen says that she's looking out for her litle
    brother which surprised my female PC.

    Oh, and I don't have any multi-romance or same gender
    romance or any romance affecting mods at all installed
    other than the flirt pack.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    kevin <completely@invalid.com> wrote:

    : hmm... Jaheira also just got the Harpers pin from E. This
    : is supposed to happen too? BTW, I apologize for the
    : incremental questioning.

    : It just seems like something strange is going on. Actually,
    : I know something strange is going on because just now
    : Imoen rushed over to Jaheira and said that she knows
    : something is going on between her and the PC (and
    : nothing actually is happening - I swear it!) and then at
    : the end Imoen says that she's looking out for her litle
    : brother which surprised my female PC.

    : Oh, and I don't have any multi-romance or same gender
    : romance or any romance affecting mods at all installed
    : other than the flirt pack.

    Well, you do indeed have something strange going on because that talk cannot appear unless the
    Jaheira romance has completed virtually all of the lovetalks (or the variable, LOVETALK, is set to
    69 or greater.)

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Jason Compton" <jcompton@typhoon.xnet.com> wrote in message

    > Well, you do indeed have something strange going on because that talk
    cannot appear unless the
    > Jaheira romance has completed virtually all of the lovetalks (or the
    variable, LOVETALK, is set to
    > 69 or greater.)

    Can there be any more possibilities? The Jaheira romance, as my
    character is female, never started - and looking at shadowkeeper
    I can't find a lovetalk variable at all. There is a jaheiraromance
    variable that is set to 128856. BTW, I finished the SoA portion
    of Anomen's romance.

    Ah well, it's not like this is a problem really, it's just strange.

    So Jaheira should always get the Harper's pin?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    kevin <completely@invalid.com> wrote:

    : Can there be any more possibilities? The Jaheira romance, as my
    : character is female, never started - and looking at shadowkeeper
    : I can't find a lovetalk variable at all. There is a jaheiraromance
    : variable that is set to 128856. BTW, I finished the SoA portion
    : of Anomen's romance.

    Look at her Affects tab in Shadowkeeper.

    : So Jaheira should always get the Harper's pin?

    Should, yes, as long as your reputation isn't in the tank.

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Jason Compton" <jcompton@typhoon.xnet.com> wrote in message

    > Look at her Affects tab in Shadowkeeper.

    Ah yes, LOVETALK is at 71. ehh... my character has had
    no lovetalks with her. Oh well, my character died anyway -
    I'm starting a new game.

    > Should, yes, as long as your reputation isn't in the tank.

    ooh, I'll definitely have my groups camping out on a regular
    basis from now on - thanks.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    kevin <completely@invalid.com> wrote:

    : "Jason Compton" <jcompton@typhoon.xnet.com> wrote in message

    :> Look at her Affects tab in Shadowkeeper.

    : Ah yes, LOVETALK is at 71. ehh... my character has had
    : no lovetalks with her. Oh well, my character died anyway -
    : I'm starting a new game.

    Well, for whatever reason the game believes you've finished the romance, because that's what 71
    means. :)

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

Games Video Games