Good MB value for new build

SlammerBurgr

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
I am planning a build, and so far I have decided that I want the 660 ti GPU (or 7950...I know) but I am having some trouble with the complicated MB stuff.

I have a build now with the 560ti, but I dont think my MB has PCI express 3.0 so I have to replace it. I am not planning to SLI (or crossfire) I would sooner just buy one more powerful card. So my question is, what is a good affordable MB to go with?

Keep im mind I don't care about Dual Cards, is there a board that is as good as the others in every aspect besides the dual card? I want a good board but I dont want to spend extra money if all i am getting is a feature that I will not use.

I haven't really settled on CPU yet either, I am using AMD now and so far I like it just fine. so intel vs AMD isnt really a major issue either.

Solution
PCIe is fully backward and forward compatible. There is no performance difference between them, only a higher ceiling and unless you are going 3-4 way sli/xfire with powerful cards you generally don't need the extra bandwidth.

I would wait until you want more cpu power before upgrading the mobo.
PCIe is fully backward and forward compatible. There is no performance difference between them, only a higher ceiling and unless you are going 3-4 way sli/xfire with powerful cards you generally don't need the extra bandwidth.

I would wait until you want more cpu power before upgrading the mobo.

Solution

SlammerBurgr

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

thanks for the response. Im pretty new to this stuff still. Does this mean that I can use the 660 ti with my current board?