I7 950 Bloomfield w/ Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkt86

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
I am using the above cpu and it is starting to overheat on me, around 100 celsius under very little load (web browsing, small downloads). I think my liquid cooling is going dead and honestly I wasnt horrible impressed with it in the first place, NZXT Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) . My question is can anyone recommend a decent fan/heatsink to replace the liquid cooling?

the coolermaster hyper 212 plus is a common choice--cheap but still effective--or the corsair h50 liquid cooler--used mine for 2 years no problems at 4.2ghz on i7-920--just built a sandybridge rig today with the corsair h80 and its even better than the h50 was --5ghz and highest temperature i have seen under load is 57c--thats every day use like games and video encoding etc i dont use prime95 to torture test

bkt86

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
The problem im seeing with the 212 and similar set ups is the size. I havent measured it out to be sure, but it looks like it would be a tight fit. Using a CoolerMaster Elite 310 Mid-Tower with a Asus P6T SE mobo and my GTX 460 seems to be eating alot of room in the tower. Anyone have any experience on the hyper 212 and a set up similar to mine?

edit:
Should have been more clear, I am looking at the 212 evo

bkt86

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Was just taking a better look, your right, the gpu is fairly out of the way, but the power supply may cause some issues. 600 Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply, nothing flashy, but its got a bit of bulk

bkt86

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Awesome, thanks for all your help, very much appreciated. Think I will give that Evo a go and see how it work. I may be back in a week or so if this liquid system doesnt come out like it logically looks like it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.