masrit

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Hey, I am old PC builder and this is the first time I am putting together a computer that has USB 3 cables on the front of my new case.
The thing is the usb cables look exactly like you would think. One sidfe where you connect things to is on the computer front but the cords leading into the computer look like you would connect into the usb slot onto a computer.

The case I have is the Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case and the motherboard I am using is Asus P8Z77-V LX w/ Dual DDR3, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, CrossFireX.

I am so confused over this and help is most welcome. Thanks.

Since USB 3.0 is backward compatible with earlier USB versions, the output port looks the same. Usually a blue bar in the port is the only outward indicator of USB 3.0. The real difference is in the motherboard connector side where the 9 pins of USB 2.0 are replaced by 19 pins needed for USB 3.0. Most current motherboards have a USB 3.0 header but if your's does not (it does, right next to the 24 pin connector), you can get an adapter to plug the 3.0 into a 2.0 header, you'll only get USB 2.0 speeds but you'll be able to use the front panel USB ports.
Hope it helped some.