Build for Skyrim/Battlefield 3

Yourwayhome

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Hey everyone! New here to tom's, but I recently put together a PC and am curious as to what all of you think about it!

It is basically for Skyrim/Battlefield 3 so any advice would be extremely appreciated.

Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth P67 Thermal ARMOR TUF

CPU : Intel Core I5 - 2500K Unlocked

RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws 2 x 4GB DDR3 RAM

PSU : Antec 850 Trupower

Graphics Card : EVGA GTX 560 (FERMI) 1024 GDDR5 (THIS IS NON Ti EDITION)

Case : Coolermaster HAF 932

HDD : WD 500GB

Any comments would be great!

Thanks a ton for reading!

Shane.

Solution
well, in that case, the vid card is the only thing really holding you back, i suggest the 560ti or 570, or amd's 6970/6950. Battlefield 3 looks like it will be a vid card killer, maybe even using more than 1gb vram, but without benchies, who knows? its just speculation.
The PSU you are getting is WAY overkill, unless you plan to go SLI later with 2 x 560's. The motherboard your getting looks expensive, why do you need such an extravegant motherboard? You should spend less on the motherboard and PSU and a lot more on the video card. a good 500w psu could run that setup comfortably. Also get a 1tb hard drive, they are only a few more dollars. I would suggest a newer, cheaper z68 motherboard like this http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme3%20Gen3 its still sli/crossfire capable but a lot cheaper. Get a gtx560ti 6970 or gtx570 vid card, whatever fits your budget, and a 650w power supply by antec, corsair, xfx or seasonic.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

Couldn't agree more. Messy build that's overpowered in all the wrong places!

aznshinobi's build looks good :)

Yourwayhome

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
The reason for the messyness Adrian, is that the PSU was previously used for a 4-way Crossfire, I wanted to recycle what I had, & the motherboard got a ton of good reviews, & I needed something that had superior cooling.

Thanks for all the input though, no need to call it messy! just help me out.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

Probably should have said that to begin with to be fair.

The fact you went overkill on the PSU and motherboard, but held right back on the graphics card put a pretty big question mark over the build.

ok, so out of the parts listed, tell us what you already have, and what parts you need, what your budget is and where do you plan on getting parts from? newegg?

Yourwayhome

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I was just asking opinions on the build, it is put together, I need input to as in it will run Battlefield and skyrim, I have all of them and the PC is together, just curious as to how well it will run and what needs to be changed

well, in that case, the vid card is the only thing really holding you back, i suggest the 560ti or 570, or amd's 6970/6950. Battlefield 3 looks like it will be a vid card killer, maybe even using more than 1gb vram, but without benchies, who knows? its just speculation.

Solution

hayden1911

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hey! I was just wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on this build:

EVGA P67 Micro SLI
LGA 1155, Intel P67 chipset

Intel Core i5-2500K
3.3 GHz (3.7 GHz Turbo), Quad-Core, 6 MB L3 Cache

Cooler Master Hyper TX3

Mushkin Enhanced Redline 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) 240-Pin DDR3-1600 Kit
Dual-Channel Desktop Memory Kit

2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1 GB
1 GB GDDR5

OCZ Vertex Series 30 GB SATA II SSD
30 GB, SATA 3Gb/s

Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB
750 GB, 7200 RPM, 32 MB Cache SATA 3Gb/s

Sony Optiarc DVD Burner
24x DVD Burner

Raidmax Atlas-295WB

Corsair CX600 V2 600 W
ATX12V, EPS12V, 80 PLUS-Certified

Do you think that it could max out Battlefield 3 and Skyrim? Is it better than OP's build?

Thanks!!

--Hayden