MSI Z771-GD55 doing something weird...

seetz

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Memory: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1600 x2 -- Basically 4 sticks of HyperX DDR3 1600.

BLUF: Setup works with 2x4GB just clocks @ 1333Mhz but OCGenieII fixes that with literally the push of a button. Pretty easy to manually fix too.
However, the problem is as soon as I put all 4 sticks into the mobo I don't get a signal to the monitor. At a complete loss here.

The system as a whole looks/sounds/acts fine. Just no signal.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Sometimes, mixing memory kits (even identical kits) simply doesn't work. Memory and motherboards can be extremely finicky in this. You could try something such as putting all modules in and resetting the BIOS (just make sure that any non-standard settings are put back the way you had them before trying to boot into your operating system, assuming that this works).

seetz

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Bump
Still need help, CMOS didn't work.
I am beginning to think I might have a faulty stick of RAM or the HyperX, running @ its native 1.65v is causing an overload of some sort. ideas?

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Test each module individually (remove all other modules for each test and then switch out until you've tested all four modules) with Memtest. This should tell you if you have a faulty stick.

Also, you could try using all four sticks at 1333. Some boards have trouble with filling both channels with two full modules each. I'll look up if this is a known issue with your board.