Sign in with
Your question

Please HELP! Which GTX570 to get?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 15, 2011 7:57:56 AM

I'm choosing a GTX570 now, among Gigabyte N570 Super Clock @845MHz, MSI Twin Frozr III PE @770MHz and Asus DCII @ 742MHz.

I plan to OC it myself so stock speed is less relevant yet Gigabyte's 845MHz is kinda nice already, meanwhile MSI's TFIII get a relatively good reputation about its cooling and overclockability. So I'm basically choosing from this two. Gigabyte's Super Clock is quite new so there aren't many reviews.

So give me some advice on these two, thank you very much!

More about : gtx570

July 15, 2011 8:06:51 AM

If you are going to overclock it yourself anyway, and you just said "speed is irrelevant", buy the best. Buy EVGA.
m
l
July 15, 2011 8:59:26 AM

Nowhere to buy EVGA around my place. :o  So still choosing between MSI/Gigabyte
m
l
Related resources
July 15, 2011 9:07:34 AM

WAT! There is no internet to order online around your place? How are you on Tom's?

Sarcasm aside, I'm partial to Gigabyte's products. I've owned a few now and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. I have however been burned by ASUS, so I try to avoid them. My problem was with a motherboard, but I hear they make good graphics cards.
m
l
a c 127 U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 9:57:35 AM

Grab the Gigabyte. They've already determined these cards to be superior builds. You won't even have to OC it yourself and you'll maintain your warranty. That's a great factory OC.
m
l
July 15, 2011 11:23:25 AM

ubercake said:
Grab the Gigabyte. They've already determined these cards to be superior builds. You won't even have to OC it yourself and you'll maintain your warranty. That's a great factory OC.

The key is whether Gigabyte N570SO can maintain its 845MHz stock core speed without compromising its stock voltage, temp and noise. If it gets 845MHz at a relatively high stock core voltage and temp then it's no difference from a user clocked card. There are quite few feedback on this card by far.

Also do I lose my warranty if I overclocked it? I think its when you damage it by overclocking it that you void your warranty.
m
l
a c 127 U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 11:39:33 AM

I don't think any company would maintain a warranty agreement with a customer if they overclock the GPU. You can view the warranty on their web site for your area of the world.

It wouldn't make sense to me that any company would be obligated to warrant something that were overclocked or overvolted unless otherwise noted.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 11:39:36 AM

You will lose your warranty unless its factory overclocked. If you overclock and at a point if it gets damaged, then you can't send it for repairs.
m
l
July 15, 2011 12:11:10 PM

Well, Graphics Card is not easy to be damaged anyway, just like CPU. And I wonder if they could tell a manually overclocked damage :kaola:  Also what's the point of including a tuning softerware like OC Guru or MSI Afterburner then?

I did check their website
Warranty Graphics Card: Please contact the location where the original order was placed.
Warranty Terms Graphics Card: Please contact the location where the original order was placed

Gigabyte does have this super clock series on theri Nvidia/ATI cards including models like GTX580 and HD6870.

http://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/268/images/about.html

This series seems to be their top notch.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 12:19:53 PM

As the others said, I too recommend the Gigabyte's model of the GTX 570.
m
l
a c 127 U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 12:28:01 PM

ryanz2009 said:
Well, Graphics Card is not easy to be damaged anyway, just like CPU. And I wonder if they could tell a manually overclocked damage :kaola:  Also what's the point of including a tuning softerware like OC Guru or MSI Afterburner then?

I did check their website
Warranty Graphics Card: Please contact the location where the original order was placed.
Warranty Terms Graphics Card: Please contact the location where the original order was placed

Gigabyte does have this super clock series on theri Nvidia/ATI cards including models like GTX580 and HD6870.

http://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/268/images/about.html

This series seems to be their top notch.

It looks like they make you login to see any real warranty info.

Either way, I'd choose that Gigabyte card.
m
l
August 2, 2011 11:43:18 PM

ryanz2009 said:
I'm choosing a GTX570 now, among Gigabyte N570 Super Clock @845MHz, MSI Twin Frozr III PE @770MHz and Asus DCII @ 742MHz.

I plan to OC it myself so stock speed is less relevant yet Gigabyte's 845MHz is kinda nice already, meanwhile MSI's TFIII get a relatively good reputation about its cooling and overclockability. So I'm basically choosing from this two. Gigabyte's Super Clock is quite new so there aren't many reviews.

So give me some advice on these two, thank you very much!

i have had the superoverclocked gigabyte gtx 570 and its a very nice and doud i would buy this one for sure its a beast stays cool with its 3 fans really u cant even hear the fans almost when u even stick your face up to the case thats hoe quiet its powerful my windows score is maxed to 7.9 for my gpu and it out does the6970 saffire from what ive seen in benchmarks im buying another one sometime in future and would deffinetly recommend this u should buy it im sure you will be inpressed on bad company 2 ive got everything maxed v sync off and still getting 110 130 even more fps its amazing love mine love it and dont worry it runs cool mine right now is 51 degrees celsius typing to u right now underload 58 to 72 which is fine though 72 running like all night but thats rare stays fifty sixty no worries great card i had a ati 6770 after having this im nvidia all the way for now
m
l
!