Closed

Restoring the Blue-colored XP Start Button and Taskbar?

July 17, 2004 5:29:23 PM

Afetr installing the Office XP SP3, my taskbar is gray and
the start button is no longer the rounded-corner start
button in green, which I prefer. How do I get it back?
All my apps also have this dull scheme. Yuk. I didn't
find anything sopecific in "Kelly's Korner" but I wasn't
so sure what to look for.

And no, trying to right-click on the Start button and
clicking properties gets me the correct menu, but it has
no effect. HELP!

More about : restoring blue colored start button taskbar

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 5:45:50 PM

Welcome replies here and to ksmith661137@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

July 18, 2004 4:13:43 PM

Try right-clicking on a blank area of desk-top then change
the theme to WindowsXP. Click ok and see if that doesn't
fix your problem.

Larry

July 18, 2004 7:53:06 PM

Hi,

To return to the Windows XP style visual style, right click on the desktop and select properties.
Flip to the appearance tab and select 'Windows XP style' from the drop down menu under Windows and
buttons. Ok your way out.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Afetr installing the Office XP SP3, my taskbar is gray and
> the start button is no longer the rounded-corner start
> button in green, which I prefer. How do I get it back?
> All my apps also have this dull scheme. Yuk. I didn't
> find anything sopecific in "Kelly's Korner" but I wasn't
> so sure what to look for.
>
> And no, trying to right-click on the Start button and
> clicking properties gets me the correct menu, but it has
> no effect. HELP!
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 7:53:07 PM

Anando wrote
> Flip to the appearance tab and select 'Windows XP style'
> from the drop down menu under Windows and
> buttons. Ok your way out.

'Windows XP style' has disappeared from my list.
How do I get it back? The only option I have is
'Windows Classic style'.

William
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 3:02:54 AM

Hi William,

You may consider the checkpoints outlined at the following website by MVP Kelly:

Scroll down to "Why does windows xp style change to windows clasic style"

--

"William Jackson" <misterwilliam@juno.com> wrote in message
> Anando wrote
>> Flip to the appearance tab and select 'Windows XP style'
>> from the drop down menu under Windows and
>> buttons. Ok your way out.
>
> 'Windows XP style' has disappeared from my list.
> How do I get it back? The only option I have is
> 'Windows Classic style'.
>
> William

Anonymous
July 19, 2004 4:40:30 AM

Thank you very much for the pointers. I got the problem solved.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 6:06:22 PM

>>I got the problem solved.

Good to hear that !