[Solved]Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Cant get past splash screen or into BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zubinmadon

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hi all,

I recently build the PC below, and am having trouble getting it to boot. I cannot even get into the BIOS.

When I power on, I a single post beep get to the motherboard splash screen that says "Gigabyte Ultra Durable Series Motherboards" with options including "[DEL] bios setup, etc". LED Code 62 on the board. I hear the single post beep repeated. Eventually after 4 short post beeps about a minute apart each, it goes to a black screen and nothing happens. LED cod A9.

Hitting delete doesn't do anything. Hitting it more times I eventually hear the computer speaker tick softly, but nothing happens. Cannot enter BIOS or boot menu, never gets to trying to boot an OS.

I've reset the CMOS both with the button on the mobo and by removing the battery. I've pulled the RAM and tried a single module in different slots. So far no change.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Cooler Master eXtreme Power 600W ATX12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)
Other: Netgear 85Mbps Powerline Network Adapter Kit - XETB1001

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

zubinmadon

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I removed the GPU and it's working with onboard graphics now. Still not sure what the issue with the GPU is, but I'm going to see what I can do now that I can get to BIOS and install OS.

yuhuhu

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I can confirm. Exactly the same thing happened to me. Brand new configuration here. Z77X-UD3H Rev.1.0 with latest BIOS, Galaxy GTX 560 TI, 16 Gb DDRAM.

List of hardware components:

Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, Intel Core i5-3570K, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, Rev.1.0, Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Desktop Memory Module Kit - DDR3, Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 Power Supply, Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Direct Heat Pipe CPU Cooler R2.

Code 62 and it wouldn't boot no matter what. I removed my video card, and instantly I was able to boot into BIOS. I didn't update anything since I was on last BIOS version which is F19E (beta), I have simply reset everything to default values. After that, I saved it and shut down my PC. Installed my GeForce and everything started working properly.

Just my 2 cents, it may help someone else. Do not RMA your board, everything is fine with it. It's the BIOS, something is going on with it. I have never OC'ed my processor, nor my Video card, and I am planning to keep it that way. I am super happy with speeds I am getting with everything on default... so, I wasn't messing with anything to cause this behavior. Everything was perfectly fine, and all of a sudden, one day I wasn't even able to boot into BIOS anymore. Code 62 on the small diagnostic LCD on the MB.

Cheers!

theshoe

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

Thought i had some bad mobo problem or gpu issue, Then i read your post and tried a few things, the steel series mech keyboard i was using was causing the stall.
My advice is to check all your USB first.

Samuraisa

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
Same there, but mb GA-Z77X-D3H. Video: MSI GTX 700 Twin Forzr Gaming.
My solution slightly different:
1) Get out my PCI-E GTX;
2) Set in BIOS first GFX init: integrated gfx (igfx). If I leave it "auto" nothing will work.
3) Save BIOS settings and shotdown PC;
4) Insert PCI-E GTX back.

Hope my case helps someone.

Agiel

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
i have an issue, i remove mi i5 3570k to use a i3 3220, and now im having a problem, error code 98 ... or something like that, no video no nothing ... should i reset the cmos using jumper ?? i remove the bat and nothing, i know that removing the battery olny will loss the date an some little conf ... so ... should i remove the junper to make a factory reset ??

gyuho945

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
This thread was posted a long time ago, but there's chance that you plugged one 6-pin power to the graphics card. You might need to connect two 6-pin power to the graphics card.

wesleyanderson

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
Hi Zubinmadon (but mostly others who have yet to solve this issue),

I followed your method of booting from the internal gfx of the motherboard, but still found that my card would not be recognised - and then I'd get stuck at the gigabyte splash screen.

My fix for this was to switch over the PCIE Rom state to Legacy ROM (found in bios, can't remember which tab). There seems to be some compatibility error with the PCIE Rom selection and newer cards, so perhaps someone will find this useful.

Otherwise, thanks for the suggestion to boot from onboard gfx, as well as setting bios to default in order to get there.

Here's another thread describing the PCIE Rom states: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=11971.0.

Cheers.

wesleyanderson

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
Hi Zubinmadon (but mostly others who have yet to solve this issue),

I followed your method of booting from the internal gfx of the motherboard, but still found that my card would not be recognised - and then I'd get stuck at the gigabyte splash screen.

My fix for this was to switch over the PCIE Rom state to Legacy ROM (found in bios, can't remember which tab). There seems to be some compatibility error with the PCIE Rom selection and newer cards, so perhaps someone will find this useful.

Otherwise, thanks for the suggestion to boot from onboard gfx, as well as setting bios to default in order to get there.

Here's another thread describing the PCIE Rom states: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=11971.0.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.