I got all the way to the BIOS screen...

Hagroth

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
My latest post:

Sometimes I can discern more bright tones, which should indicate the processor's overheating. But can a processor really overheat that quickly? It's a matter of like ten seconds before it shuts down, and it always takes exactly the same time, and always shuts down when the countdown reaches "8".

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

This is my first build and I've connected everything and get to the BIOS screen. Then it shuts off. Then it goes on again, and shuts off at the same place. And so on.

I've double-checked all cables and the RAMs sit tight, the graphics card is a little loose but the peg snapped so it should be all right, and everything seems fine. To me at least.

Specs:
PSU: Corsair 850AX, CPU: Intel core i7 2600K, RAM: 2x4 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengeance, HDD: Hitachi 7K3000 (Sata 6Gb/s, 7200 rpm), SSD: Intel 510 SSD (Sata 6Gb/s), VIDEO CARD: Gigabyte 560Ti, MOTHERBOARD: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3, COOLER: Cooler Master V8, CASE: Silverstone "Raven" RV02, OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung SH-b123l I mention most of them in the video

(I demonstrate the problem in the end at 13:05.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELu5MBVqxVU

All standoffs are in and the motherboard is screwed onto them, and I have checked all connections once again. Another thing I forgot to mention is that the graphics card is connected to the current through an ATX-Express cable directly to the power supply, which has 16 pins (I think) at the end to the power supply and 16 in the other. However, they are divided into 6 +2 and 6+2, so I joined 6 and 6 to the graphics card, so that the two 2-pin connectors are left hanging, which I hope is correct?

Unfortunately, you can't really see the cables on the back in the video, but I have put them so that I have a Molex-chain with all three case-fans into one contact (using a hub that came with the case) and a contact to front-LED. Another similar Molex-chaining without a single connection except for the SSD, and two long SATA-chains solely dedicated to one device each (Blu-ray player and HDD).

This is what it says when it shuts down:

"There are 2 SATA 6G hard drives installed.
Enable XHD for these 2 drives will gain more hard drive performance !!
-------------------------------------------
Allow XHD to automatically configure XHD for you?
Y: Yes! Please enable XHD for me.
N: No! Thanks and do not show this message again.
Any key: Continue...

Select option..... 8

<DEL> BIOS Setup <F9> XpressRecovery2 <F12> Boot menu <End> Qflash"

THANKS!

Hagroth

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I have tried just having one RAM in, but it didn't change anything. Could it possibly be about CPU cooling? I took a lot of thermal compound, after hearing that it would be good because the cooler would spread it out. The beep code BIOS gives is:

dark-light-light-pause-pause-light-bright-light

Sometimes I can discern more bright tones, which should indicate the processor's overheating. But can a processor really overheat that quickly? It's a matter of like ten seconds before it shuts down, and it always takes exactly the same time, and always shuts down when the countdown reaches "8".

macusn

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
For many aircoolers, 1 pea sized drop of thermal compound, is all that is needed. I have not used the collermaster so check the documentation.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS