Closed

NZXT Liquid Cooling System

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 16, 2011 5:31:49 AM

Im back again and having a slightly different problem. I am trying to remove a
NZXT Liquid Cooling System, the problem is I have 0 documentation on the system and cant find anything online or even on the oem website. I found another person on a different board with similar questions, my main question is how to train this so I can remove it and get ready for my new 212 evo set i just ordered?

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1...
Not my pictures, but a near identical setup and the same cooling system.

More about : nzxt liquid cooling system

December 16, 2011 6:00:39 AM

what are your temps now? Use coretemp. And you just unscrew those 4 screws and take off the backplate. And install heatsink.
Score
December 16, 2011 6:12:34 AM

Im on a different pc right now. I was using an i7 950 and all 4 cores were 100 cel. +. That was just browsing the web. So removal is as simple as removing the fan/reservoir and draining from it, then removing the cap on the cpu?
Score
Related resources
December 16, 2011 6:17:12 AM

i would just unbolt the CPU plate, then unbolt the radiator, leave every thing else alone
Score
December 16, 2011 6:23:16 AM

Ill be honest i've never messed around with liquid cooling, this was my first venture into using one. Im sure this is an obviously dumb question, but on the side of the liquid cooling that is against the cpu, there isnt any open hoses or anything that will obviously leak onto the mobo/vid card? It is just a plate that presses against the cpu isnt it?

In short what im asking, is; the whole liquid cooling system is fully sealed, correct? I shouldnt need to drain it in that case to remove it then, right?
Score

Best solution

December 16, 2011 7:12:58 AM

yeah its fully sealed, its just a metal plate under pressed against the cpu itself, remove it, and there should be no leak, unless you were to start tugging on the hoses real hard
December 16, 2011 4:11:11 PM

Best answer selected by bkt86.
Score
!