Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Office Build: $600 Budget

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 15, 2011 3:43:41 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: No set date. Will wait for value (Cyber Monday?).


Budget Range: $600 After Rebates


System Usage from Most to Least Important: Productivity software, multitasking


Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS


Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com


Country of Origin: U.S.A.


Parts Preferences: Intel is my preference but a good AMD deal won't be passed up. 60gb+ SSD. Dual monitors. 8 gb RAM.


Overclocking: No


SLI or Crossfire: No


Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080


Additional Comments:

Kind of just getting a feel for what is out there right now for this kind of build. I will probably hold off until Thanksgiving for deals as the buyer is a cheap SOB and will want the best value. This PC is for a home office for someone who runs a (very) small business. Multiple productivity software applications (MS Office) and websites will be in use so multitasking is the most important thing. Dual monitors (19" or larger) are also a requirement so take that into consideration (both for price and build considerations). The buyer wants a SSD (at least 60 gb) and if an additional HDD is needed that can be cannibalized from elsewhere. 8 gb RAM is requested. Also, the case should not have lights shooting out of it or look too crazy.

Thanks in advance :) 
September 15, 2011 3:49:23 PM

=( dual monitor and a ssd on a $600 budget. I am sorry but if anyone were to make a working computer, it would be a really crappy one.

The only thing left after buying those ssd n monitors would be about 250- 350 dollars.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 3:49:33 PM

my PC (see my sig) cost $600 in April, about $560 now.

the dual 1920x1080 monitors: are you buying them or do you already have them.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 15, 2011 3:56:10 PM

ervinelim said:
=( dual monitor and a ssd on a $600 budget. I am sorry but if anyone were to make a working computer, it would be a really crappy one.

The only thing left after buying those ssd n monitors would be about 250- 350 dollars.


Well the dual monitors can go as low as 19" which seem fairly cheap (under $100 each) nowadays. A can find 60gb SSD for $60 recently (suspect quality?) and take into account I am not asking for an OS nor need a dedicated GFX card for this machine. Keep in mind this isn't going to be used for gaming/video at all.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 4:27:12 PM

Processor : AMD Athlon II X3 445 - $75
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard : ASRock 760GM-GS3 - $48
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hard Drive : Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s - $45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SSD : OCZ Vertex Plus OCZSSD2-1VTXPL60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - $70
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

RAM : G.SKILL Value Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 - $23
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Optical Drive : LG or any other DVD R/W - $19

Case : GIGABYTE gz-ph1a3 Black SGCC ATX Mid Tower - $20
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Power Supply : CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W (Currently out of Stock) - $45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Monitors : 2x (HannsG 23") - $320
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Total : $632 after rebates (overbudget, I know)
m
0
l

Best solution

September 15, 2011 4:31:46 PM

bam! I got it!

AMD A6 3650 2.6 GHz quad + AS Rock A75M mobo: $181.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

OCZ Vertex Pluss 60 GB SSD (SATA II): $69.99 w/ $10 MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G.Skill Sniper 8 GB DDR3-1600: $49.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Antec Basiq BP350: $29.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Rosewill R102 case: $29.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2x Acer 21.5" 1920x1080 monitors, $239.98 ($119.99 ea)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

total: $601.48
Share
September 15, 2011 4:42:15 PM

ScrewySqrl said:
bam! I got it!

AMD A6 3650 2.6 GHz quad + AS Rock A75M mobo: $181.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

OCZ Vertex Pluss 60 GB SSD (SATA II): $69.99 w/ $10 MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G.Skill Sniper 8 GB DDR3-1600: $49.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Antec Basiq BP350: $29.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Rosewill R102 case: $29.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2x Acer 21.5" 1920x1080 monitors, $239.98 ($119.99 ea)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

total: $601.48


Wow, I thought iwas gonna be a sucky build but it's pretty nice. Wait a minute, you don't have a motherboard.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 4:46:31 PM

ervinelim said:
Wow, I thought iwas gonna be a sucky build but it's pretty nice. Wait a minute, you don't have a motherboard.



it has a mobo: the AS Rock in the combo.

It does lack a DVD burner and a mechanical HDD. Ifg you have SATA ones, you can cannibalize.


Alternately, you can use the triple-core Llano with this Gigabyte Mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... ($169.98)
and add a $18-20 DVd burbner ($608-610)
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 4:46:56 PM

@ ervinelim

Mobo is included in the combo.

@Screwy

Do you think the OP doesn't need a HDD? Great job finding that pair of monitors btw..
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 4:47:27 PM

ScrewySqrl said:
it has a mobo: the AS Rock in the combo.

It does lack a DVD burner and a mechanical HDD. Ifg you have SATA ones, you can cannibalize.


Oh yeah, I didn't see that. It's a pretty good build.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 5:01:57 PM

008Rohit said:
@ ervinelim

Mobo is included in the combo.

@Screwy

Do you think the OP doesn't need a HDD? Great job finding that pair of monitors btw..



he did say he has a drive he can cannibalize from an old build.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 8:20:50 PM

Best answer selected by roll_right.
m
0
l
September 15, 2011 8:22:41 PM

ScrewySqrl said:
bam! I got it!

AMD A6 3650 2.6 GHz quad + AS Rock A75M mobo: $181.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

OCZ Vertex Pluss 60 GB SSD (SATA II): $69.99 w/ $10 MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G.Skill Sniper 8 GB DDR3-1600: $49.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Antec Basiq BP350: $29.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Rosewill R102 case: $29.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2x Acer 21.5" 1920x1080 monitors, $239.98 ($119.99 ea)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

total: $601.48



This looks pretty good. I like the look of the case. I might even be able to do smaller, cheaper monitors as the buyer is used to a 17" at the moment and I don't think they really want anything that big.
m
0
l
!