Can't disable onboard graphics

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Windows 7
  • Graphics
  • BIOS
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 15, 2011 9:17:36 PM

Hello, I recently got a new 5570 and whenever I try to start windows 7 it freezes on the welcome screen. In the bios, the onboard graphics option is greyed out and I cant change it. Help?

More about : disable onboard graphics

a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 9:55:44 PM

try booting in to safe mode and remove the display driver using driver sweeper software and reboot and install the latest driver from ati site
m
l
July 15, 2011 10:12:51 PM

Didn't work
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 10:17:43 PM

try booting up using the on board graphics
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 10:19:34 PM

Remove the graphics card, boot into safe mode, uninstall all video drivers and use a "driver cleaner" if possible - then turn the machine off and replace the graphcis card. Boot up normally and install the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Good luck mate!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 15, 2011 10:20:18 PM

you can try restting the bios in some cases a bios reset is needed after inserting a new graphics card.. remove the cmos battery after unplugging your system and press the power button of your pc to drain any charge left.. wait for 10 seconds and put the battery back and start you will have to set the date and time again
m
l
July 15, 2011 11:23:18 PM

omnisome said:
Remove the graphics card, boot into safe mode, uninstall all video drivers and use a "driver cleaner" if possible - then turn the machine off and replace the graphcis card. Boot up normally and install the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Good luck mate!

Didn't work, still froze:( 

Also, I couldnt find the CMOS battery

Any other advice?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 16, 2011 7:25:40 AM

its on the mother board, read the board manual for details
m
l
!