hoppingpulse

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
I wanted to update my bios to the latest version, I had a bsod situation recently and read that updating the bios was one of the common fixes for it. What I wanted to ask was, is it safe to update the bios? I remember a time when that was considered something you didn't want to do unless it was a last ditch effort to try and fix a problem, but I thought it might be a more safe ordeal these days seeing that it seems so simple to do with the motherboard that I have. Thanks for any replies.

Solution
It's still something you only do if you need to do and as far as fixing a random blue screen unless you know the cause of it you won't neessarily know if a bios update will fix it. I would go into the event viewer and see if you can find the time that you had the blue screen and see if there is a recording of what took place
The motherboards are making it easier and easier to flash the bios and that makes it safer.

Yes it is perfectly safe

It's still something you only do if you need to do and as far as fixing a random blue screen unless you know the cause of it you won't neessarily know if a bios update will fix it. I would go into the event viewer and see if you can find the time that you had the blue screen and see if there is a recording of what took place
The motherboards are making it easier and easier to flash the bios and that makes it safer.

Solution