Sign in with
Your question
Solved

BIOS Update

Last response: in Motherboards
September 27, 2012 5:01:37 PM

I wanted to update my bios to the latest version, I had a bsod situation recently and read that updating the bios was one of the common fixes for it. What I wanted to ask was, is it safe to update the bios? I remember a time when that was considered something you didn't want to do unless it was a last ditch effort to try and fix a problem, but I thought it might be a more safe ordeal these days seeing that it seems so simple to do with the motherboard that I have. Thanks for any replies.

More about : bios update

a c 169 V Motherboard
September 27, 2012 5:04:31 PM

hoppingpulse said:
I wanted to update my bios to the latest version, I had a bsod situation recently and read that updating the bios was one of the common fixes for it. What I wanted to ask was, is it safe to update the bios? I remember a time when that was considered something you didn't want to do unless it was a last ditch effort to try and fix a problem, but I thought it might be a more safe ordeal these days seeing that it seems so simple to do with the motherboard that I have. Thanks for any replies.

Yes it is perfectly safe
m
l

Best solution

a c 180 V Motherboard
September 27, 2012 7:40:19 PM

It's still something you only do if you need to do and as far as fixing a random blue screen unless you know the cause of it you won't neessarily know if a bios update will fix it. I would go into the event viewer and see if you can find the time that you had the blue screen and see if there is a recording of what took place
The motherboards are making it easier and easier to flash the bios and that makes it safer.
September 30, 2012 3:16:35 PM

Best answer selected by hoppingpulse.
m
l
!