Sign in with
Your question

Something wrong with Motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 27, 2012 6:23:57 PM

Hello all
I was building a computer couple days ago.
I was testing it out by putting in RAM/cpu cooler/graphic card then connected to the PSU and tested it out.
I only see the green led light on the motherboard but the system doesn't turn on (I used the screwdriver to pwron pins)

I thought it was a psu problem so I bought a new one. Still the same issue. So now I'm thinking there's a problem with the motherboard. I bought the motherboard from Amazon and some buyers are having a same issue as me.

Is there any way I can fix this? Or better yet what can I get as a replacement other than this motherboard? Perhaps Asus P8Z77-V Pro or deluxe??

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: 212 Evo
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master HAF-X
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (switched to corsair 750W TX)
Optical Drive: lite-on

More about : wrong motherboard

a c 108 V Motherboard
September 27, 2012 6:49:57 PM

If the board doesn't turn on, even with two PSUs, then it's probably defective. On the other hand, if you meant it turns on, but you don't have a display, there are things you can do to troubleshoot. If this is indeed what you meant, follow the link PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot problems
If you are going to use the checklist as a troubleshooting guide, and are going to request for help on your observations, please use the t/s guide as a template to reply. Also, include your observations with the answer.

For example:

1. Did you carefully read the motherboard owners manual? Yes

2. Did you plug in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector located near the CPU socket? My motherboard has an 8-pin socket, but my PSU has only 4-pin connector. How do I plug in my PSU?

Doing this helps us narrow down your problems, and we'll be able to help you further.
m
l
September 27, 2012 6:54:16 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm not even talking about putting it in the case yet. Just testing so everything works fine. There is a green led showing when I turn on the psu but when i turn on the poweron button with a screw driver, nothing is moving. Just the green led is showing.
Can you recommend me any motherboards?
m
l
Related resources
a c 108 V Motherboard
September 27, 2012 7:18:54 PM

This GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard looks promising.
m
l
September 27, 2012 7:20:52 PM

is this compatible also? And how will it perform?
ASUS Maximus V Gene
m
l
September 27, 2012 7:22:17 PM

or asrock z77 extreme 4?
m
l
a c 108 V Motherboard
September 27, 2012 7:40:24 PM

I wouldn't go with an ASUS board right now. Lately, a lot of ASUS boards are problematic. Asrock is the "budget-friendly" version of ASUS.

For what it's worth, though, there is no telling how any board will perform, unless the builds are identical in every aspect, except for the boards. Then the best way to test is to run the same test/benchmarks.
m
l
!