Need input on a PSU 1200 W

mrlemmiwinks

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Ive been doing some research on a P/S to go with my watercooling build.

asus maximus iv extreme, 2700k cpu, 2 geforce gx 580 3gb hydrocopper 2 classifieds, one sound card, one ssd, 4 case fans 6 radiator fans, one pump.

when i plug the base system in overclocked on the PSu calculator it comes out to about 860 W however i think im really looking at about 1000 and want to bump up to 1200w just to be safe/peace of mind.

the best power supply i can find in this range is the pc power and cooling turocool 1200w but it costs almost 500 dollars AND the design is now 5 years old, however, i cannot find anything with as tight of a regulator or with as good of a ripple/noise profile. some cons are that its not modular which means it will take some work for cable routing and the sleeving is of poor visual quality. not being modular though does eliinate the risk of poor high resistance connections.

i just find it hard to believe that after 5 years nothing better has come out and think i must be missing something. obviously with the overclocking i'm doing i'll need a very clean and stable power signal.

i would appreciate any inputs you guys might have.