Sign in with
Your question

Help with motherboard BIOS flashing problem.

Last response: in Motherboards
September 27, 2012 9:09:05 PM

I have the GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 motherboard, and I recently downloaded borderlands 2. When I tried to start it up it kept BSOD'ing my computer, and I found out updating my BIOS would fix it. Now with that in mind, I downloaded the file to update it, and it said it wasn't compatible with 64-bit versions of windows. Cool, time to boot up q flash. I put the file on a flash drive, and booted up q flash. The file I used was the F10 update. Now after I flashed it, it got stuck in an infinite bootloop. So I thought, might as well flash it back to a different older bios version. So I flashed it back to the F3 version, and now when I start my computer up, it doesn't even send video to the monitor. I custom built this computer, and it's like my child. I just want to know what I need to do to get it to work again.
It is the GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3, AM3+ socket, AMD 970 chipset, rev 1.1 model. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit on it.
a c 84 V Motherboard
September 27, 2012 9:13:55 PM

Since you flash the bios, did you go into bios and set the settings like before?
m
l
September 27, 2012 9:20:39 PM

rgd1101 said:
Since you flash the bios, did you go into bios and set the settings like before?

Yeah after I flashed it the first time I went back into the bios and set it to default settings, then after that didn't work I even tried fail-safe settings to no avail.
m
l
Related resources
September 28, 2012 2:47:56 PM

asuming you are able to get to bios, are the hdd detected? sounds like hdd failure
m
l
September 28, 2012 7:19:01 PM

gene_11 said:
asuming you are able to get to bios, are the hdd detected? sounds like hdd failure

Nah I can't get to the bios. When I start up the computer, it will start up, I will hear all the fans start going, etc. but it won't send video to my monitor. I have checked the connections to the monitor so it isn't that. The computer isn't even a year old, so I don't see how the hard drive could fail. It worked just fine up until I flashed it from F10 to F3 which is the oldest version.
m
l
!