Question about a swap out

doobieashtray

Honorable
May 25, 2012
So a few weeks ago I had to RMA my ASUS m5a97 motherboard and ASUS couldn't fix it so they swapped it out with, what I'm assuming, is another m5a97.

So my question is, once it's delivered will I have to re-install Windows 7? Re-installing wouldn't be such a big deal if I backed up all my game saves, but I didn't and I've put a lot of time into various games. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading.

Even if the MB is a different one you can still connect your hard drive to the MB and it will work. I just recentlr had a similar issue only my MB started smoking and then just didn't work so I didn't have the time to back up anything. I went fro a MSI Big Bang X-Power with a 980x cpu and X-58 chipset to an Intel 3930x and Asus Rampage 111 exyrtrme and x-79 chipsrt. After several bsod and freezes and shutdowns I finally got it to work and I'm using it right now without reloading Windows. I intend to back up everything and then do a complete reload to get rid of any traces of the old stuff but you would be surpriseed at what works if you don't take the first baod as a sign that it's not going to work.