In dire need of help

Area85Gaming

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Ok, so I have all my components inside of the case and have commenced on plugging everything up when I ran into a problem: The cords confuse the crap out of me haha.

I know they say this stuff is almost self-explanatory but things just arent adding up right now.

Anyway, I have a Corsair AX750 PSU. I'm also running (2) Sapphire Radeon HD 6950s in CFX. Now, I have the 8-pin 12V connector plugged in, the 24-pin connector plugging in and both PCI-E cords plugged just into the video cards.

The dilemma I'm facing is that there are 12-pin connectors that go into the PSU, 3 of them. (2) PCI-E, (1) 12V. When I plug them in, one of the PCI-E connectors does not have a spot on the PSU. I have another 12-pin connection port on the PSU itself, but the pins on the actual cord are too wide. I also looked on there and the 12V connector that goes into the PSU is only using 8 (it's an 8x4). I thought, well I should just take off the 4-pin not being used, but that is not the case.

The connector itself will not remove the 4-pin attachment for some reason (or I just can't figure out how). So now I am left with plugging in the power cord and running without one of my cards...which obviously I don't want to do.

Do I need an adapter for it? And if so, where can I get one?

Area85Gaming

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
helped somewhat, but i already knows where it goes, i need to know exactly how the CPU power cable goes into the motherboard and PSU. Because both ends can plug into the motherboard, but neither can plug into the 8-pin slot on the PSU. I need some help figuring out the configuration of how that cable goes into the PSU.