Feature Request

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

You might have noticed (if you are logged in) a "Feedback" icon appearing on the right part of the main forum homepage. Thanks to our partnership with Uservoice, you can use this icon to request new features that you would like to see on the forum. People can then vote on these requested features. If a feature makes sense, we'll add it!

Check it out!

Justin

There is no non-computer related discussion area. Such as 'Speak Freely', 'Trivial Pursuits,' 'Lounge,' 'Non-computer related.' A place of general discussion which could include topics related to news, sports, music, whatever...other than computers and computer related news. Thanks.

Yeah, now that you mention it...the Other never worked really all that great as the official 'Welcome' to the Forum designation. :ouch: Remember when the CPU section served in that capacity? :lol: To me, CPU will always be what "Speak Freely" once was. :sol:

Hey, I've always wondered what happened to CompTia_Rep? He was spotted at a Metallica concert, I heard. Good ole Comp.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/10/ex-cop-takes-plea-bargain-admits-to-urinating-on-metallica-fan/

compolebudddy.jpg

UNICOMPLEX

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

If justin agrees to this please give me time to get out amdfangirl, Im one of the nice ones.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
Hey, I've got two words for you: "Don't Worry"

Even people like me and randomizer have posted at a stage in the Other Section. Banning everyone who has ever posted there will wipe out 3/4 of the active THG population.

UNICOMPLEX

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I just dont think they like women there, maybe thats why Im getting a hard time sometimes, but I dont care Im going to torment them some more soon, lol

UNICOMPLEX

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
No dont leave just do what I do and annoy the hell out of them, I dont mind the insults, I just try and give back what they give me.

Was Ms Bytch banished? A lot of regulars or at least a lot of names I remember from the past are no longer active posters. This new crowd is tame compared to a year or two ago. I remember when I came on board. I was hammered pretty hard. And I hung mainly in the case fan installation forum.

randomizer

Champion

Yea, because Fredi moved a thread from CPUs to there :lol:

I really don't know. I see it like this. BoM management at the highest level has evolved with some time at the helm now and is moving in a direction to a stage similiar to when Hugh Hefner met Barbie Benton. And you know what that means? We are experiencing a period of middle management stamina-induced :love: on the forums? :lol:

Bring back the 'New Topics' button.

Here is what I have done for the past years while browsing Tom's forums. I can no longer do this.

1.Before logging off during a session CLEAR 'New Topics' for the ENTIRE forum.

2. Come back say hours later. Log on.

3. Simply click one time 'NEW TOPICS'. Every new topic posted on the ENTIRE forum while I was away is INSTANTLY displayed. LOL!

4. Peruse everything new on the ENTIRE forum with that one click. Reply or adda comment to those I am interested in. Simply clear 'new topics' for the entire forum when I log off. Done.

5. Check email for notifications of threads I have previously replied to.

Some type of collaborative method to share the workload to edit and maintain sticky topics or other forum community resources, FAQs and things along that line.
Maybe something Wiki-Style.

Added:

Some type of collaborative method to share the workload to edit and maintain sticky topics or other forum community resources, FAQs and things along that line would be helpful.

Maybe something Wiki-style for FAQs. Or allowing the topic starter to invite one or more others to help edit a topic to keep it current.

And a method to tranfer topic ownership between forum members if the need should arise.