Hyperlinks will not open when clicked

when i clink a web page link in an e mail or on a web page it does nothing.
it was working fine and now...??? any thoughts?

Hyperlinks don't open:

http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx or:

http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm or:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q177054

If the page opens, but doesn't load:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~

"quadkings" <abc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when i clink a web page link in an e mail or on a web page it does
nothing.
> it was working fine and now...??? any thoughts?

Think I've covered everything, quite a bit of reading

Internet Explorer Links Not Working
You may be able to resolve the issue by resetting Web
settings in Internet Explorer.
Tools, Internet Options, Programs
"Reset Web Settings"

Also look at:- Tools>Internet Options/Advanced/Underline Links.

if that doesn't work

1) Click start/run
2) then type regsvr32 urlmon.dll (note there is a space between 2 and u)
3) Enter
4) Open Internet Options in the Control Panel, click the Programs tab
5) Then click the button Reset Web Settings.
Reboot your PC

Also if hyperlinks are not opening:
1) Click start/run
2) then type: regsvr32 actxprxy.dll (not there is a space between 2 and a)
3) Enter
4) now type: regsvr32 shdocvw.dll (again noting the space between the 2 and s).
5. Enter

Also check these settings:
Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types.
Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol/Advanced/Edit.
Under Application used to perform action it should read:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

;281679]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];281679
You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click
a Link

OE - Links out of Email

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run
2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK (or hit
ENTER) after each command (noting the space between the 2 and the next letter):
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer and you may
receive an error)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793
Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on WinXP