Hyperlinks will not open when clicked

when i clink a web page link in an e mail or on a web page it does nothing.
it was working fine and now...??? any thoughts?
3 answers Last reply
More about hyperlinks open clicked

    Hyperlinks don't open:

    http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx or:

    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm or:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q177054

    If the page opens, but doesn't load:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    --
    Bruce Hagen
    ~IB-CA~

    "quadkings" <abc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > when i clink a web page link in an e mail or on a web page it does
    nothing.
    > it was working fine and now...??? any thoughts?

    ty, ty

    Think I've covered everything, quite a bit of reading

    Internet Explorer Links Not Working
    You may be able to resolve the issue by resetting Web
    settings in Internet Explorer.
    Tools, Internet Options, Programs
    "Reset Web Settings"

    Also look at:- Tools>Internet Options/Advanced/Underline Links.

    if that doesn't work

    1) Click start/run
    2) then type regsvr32 urlmon.dll (note there is a space between 2 and u)
    3) Enter
    4) Open Internet Options in the Control Panel, click the Programs tab
    5) Then click the button Reset Web Settings.
    Reboot your PC

    Also if hyperlinks are not opening:
    1) Click start/run
    2) then type: regsvr32 actxprxy.dll (not there is a space between 2 and a)
    3) Enter
    4) now type: regsvr32 shdocvw.dll (again noting the space between the 2 and s).
    5. Enter

    Also check these settings:
    Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types.
    Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol/Advanced/Edit.
    Under Application used to perform action it should read:
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];281679
    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click
    a Link

    OE - Links out of Email

    To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run
    2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK (or hit
    ENTER) after each command (noting the space between the 2 and the next letter):
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 browseui.dll
    regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer and you may
    receive an error)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
    OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
    Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793
    Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on WinXP

    "quadkings" <abc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > when i clink a web page link in an e mail or on a web page it does nothing.
    > it was working fine and now...??? any thoughts?

Configuration Microsoft Customization Email Windows XP