careyious

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
So after doing a full reformat and reinstall of Windows on my hard-drive, I'm still getting a whole lot of BSODs and crashes with multiple messages with one of them being DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL So, I used Memtest to see if there were problems with my RAM and after leaving it all night, I got this.

IMG_0026.jpg

So, could someone explain what this means, and how I would fix this, preferably without having to buy a new stick of RAM.

careyious

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
So, after finding which of the sticks of RAM, should I replace it with another of the same brand/specifications. Or can I get a larger capacity (not sure what the word is) RAM?

Sorry if I'm asking silly questions, I'm only really learning about computer hardware now.

check with the ram vendor lable. if the system is a custom built some ram vendor have life time warranty on there ram. you may be down for a week if you have to send both stick in for a new kit. if it a dell or hp and it out of warranty your best bet is use crucial online ram guild. it read your mb and give you the model and speed that is spec for your mb. if it a newer mb that takes ddr-3 as ram is cheap i would upgrade the ram if you have to buy the ram. if it the older ddr-2 ram i would check online price of the ram before you buy or upgrade.

careyious

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Intel Core i7 2600K LGA1155

Asus P8P67 V3 P67 LGA1155 Motherboard

4096Mb 4Gb DDR3 1333 Memory x 2

2Tb WD Caviar Black HDD

Gigabyte ATI AMD HD6950 1Gb

Corsair 1000W HX-1000 ATX

Edit: The warranty is expired for both the vendor and the manufacturer warranty.

If I want to replace both sticks of RAM are there any particular things I should be looking out for? At the moment, I'm just going to pickup another of the exact same one that failed, just to be on the safe side. Also, since I have 4 slots for memory, is it possible to buy an extra 2 and use them at the same time?

i would just for my own piece of mind if it crucial ram or another vendor that stamp like kingston i would see if the ram under warranty..mosttime it just putting the ram ser# onto an online form. with ram your better off picking up two 4g ram sticks at 1600. there be about 30-40.00 online i seen 16g kits for under 50.00 on new egg. these are ram with lifetime warranty. the problem is do you know which stick is tossing the memory code?? if not your safer to buy two new sticks.

careyious

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

So, two of these would work?

http://www.netplus.com.au/product/MYD316-4096K/4Gb_Kingston_DDR3_1600_Memory_KVR16N11S84_CL11_1600Mhz_Non-ECC

Also, all hardware is more expensive in Australia due to shipping and taxes, so the price is probably higher than it should be anyway.