How can I test if SLI is working?

I built a computer a couple days ago and I want to know if the cards are both working, how do I go about that?
I have MSI Twin Frozr 560 ti/ OC edition in SLI.
18 answers Last reply
More about test working
  1. In the Nv control panel > 3D settings > enable SLi indicators.
  2. Mousemonkey said:
    In the Nv control panel > 3D settings > enable SLi indicators.

I have the "Show SLI Visual indicator" and the "Show PhysX Visual indicator" checked. What do I do now?
  3. When you run a game it should say GPU2 50% or something in the top left corner.
  4. I opened up StarCraft2 and on the left side of the screen, there was "SLI" with a green box next to it. Next to "SLI" there was a vertical green line from the top to the bottom of the screen.
  5. Then SLi is enabled and working.
  6. Mousemonkey said:
    Then SLi is enabled and working.

How come when I tested on MSI's Kombustor Furmark, GPU2 didn't show any increase in %usage / temp?

Also, how does PhysX visual indicator look? I have that activated as well.
  7. Ragdoll47 said:
    How come when I tested on MSI's Kombustor Furmark, GPU2 didn't show any increase in %usage / temp?

Also, how does PhysX visual indicator look? I have that activated as well.

Was Kombustor in windowed mode? The PhysX indicator will tell whether you are using the CPU or the GPU.
  8. Mousemonkey said:
    Was Kombustor in windowed mode? The PhysX indicator will tell whether you are using the CPU or the GPU.

Yes it was windowed, I opened it directly from MSI Afterburner, there was a button labeled "K" which opened up Kombustor.
  9. Ragdoll47 said:
    Yes it was windowed, I opened it directly from MSI Afterburner, there was a button labeled "K" which opened up Kombustor.

SLi does not work in windowed mode.
  10. Mousemonkey said:

So if I go into full screen mode, GPU2 will be tested too, like %usage, etc...?

How do I go about doing that?
  11. You can look back at the log to see what happened while you were in fullscreen, after the fact.
  12. Did full screen mode, but GPU2 still doesn't show usage %s.
  13. Try another game you know has SLI support. Maybe it's just that program.
  14. Mousemonkey said:

Try the new beta driver 275.50. SLI is now working in windowed mode for me!
  15. bystander said:
    Try another game you know has SLI support. Maybe it's just that program.

With some research, I learned that MSIs Kombustor needs a separate download and other computing metods before being able to run it in SLI, http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4038493 I'm just gonna forget about the Kombustor for now.

Any input/thoughts at this point is still appreciated, I've been working with Apple All-in-one computers my whole life until now.
  16. benski said:
    Try the new beta driver 275.50. SLI is now working in windowed mode for me!

For Kombustor? Link?
  17. And use furmark, it has multi-gpu support no matter what driver version your using.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer SLI Graphics