Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Stuck On Black Loading Screen

Last response: in Windows 7
January 6, 2010 9:47:43 PM

My computer after trying to (stupidly) remove the SPTD driver so Daemon Tools would work. Is stuck on the black loading screen, even when loading from safe mode.

I tried removing the sptd driver, but only took out 1 of 2 files, the other not being removed properly. So i restarted (which worked) and restored my computer to an hour before i tried any of it. I could only log on in safe mode and i checked and saw that both drivers were there. So i turn off the computer and it was fine.

However, i tried to turn on the computer again later, but it got stuck on the black screen with just the mouse. I held the power button and retried,in safe mode, this time getting to my computer background, with nothing loading. I tried yet again and only got black screen. It says all my drives loaded and everything, including sptd, but nothing is loading.

What is wrong with my computer? I am not that good with them and cannot open it up without a lot of help if it is a hardware problem
January 6, 2010 11:37:54 PM

Just restored to another earlier point by using f8 to get to menu. got stuck on the blue loading screen now with the little circle loader just freezing.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2010 3:47:10 AM

it deff. sounds like a software problem.
try inserting the windows disk and doing a repair (found as an option after you select your language)

btw, its my understanding that Daemon Tools uses the SPTD device driver. So does Alcohol 120
i use magicdisk for imaging and its worked perfectly
m
l
January 7, 2010 4:05:23 AM

i just somewhere..but here i go again

Any driver/hardware/software related issues can be scanned using the SFS /SCANNOW

this can be done in Safe mode. It scans the system completely and helps you correct/Repair issues.

Helped me just yesterday and windows started so clean

(But fact that i never had one issue with Mac in the last 6 yeras makes me feel like why why why i am trying this new machine hehehe)

m
l
!