Bios Detecting hard drive not windows

rockydx

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
My Bios ( gigabyte board) detecting hard drive (seagate ) but not my windows what might be the reason even device manager getting crashed out :( (i connected this hard drive as slave) since it was not booting as master !!

if it and ide drive and does not have an os on it. you need to use windows disk management.
www.youtube.com/watchP8H77-I BIOS 0809?v=wzXoqZTxl_Q
do it if is smaller then 2g as fat32 drive.
if it going to have an os you need to boot off the windows 7 cd and let it make the partion on the os drive.
with an ide drive master (drive c:) has to be on ide port 0 not 1. if it a sata drive make sure you have the drive on an intel port and the bios set to achi mode.

rockydx

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
it is a assemble computer i was using since 18 months !!! but suddenly i got this problem ! youtube u gave me not working i will try to disk management !! it works thats nice if it not let us see wat tomshardware got for me :)

sratcliffe

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
The BIOS wont look at the operating system anyway! so in seeing your drive as Seagates it has identified it.... putting it as "slave" I am not sure but will that stop the drive loading from the MBR ? so should be set as master. best to post what else it does when turned on??