Is this system good for win 7 ultimate

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Is my system fast enough to run windows 7 ultimate x64 without any problems?

My sys specs:

Intel celeron dual-core t3100 @ 1.90GHz with 1mb L2 cache
Intel GMA x4500 IGP Graphics Processor
4gb ram ddr3 (not sure about the speed)

This is a laptop and came pre-installed with windows 7 home premium x32 and gave me the option to install x64.
But i was wanting to put windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit on it but will my specs be able to handle it.
Also i use Programs such as, photoshop, Gimp, Visual c++ 2010 express & visual basic 2008 express edition.
Will i be able to run these programs without "slowy-ness" or jumpyness?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Side note: Is MSE a good virus app. And what is your opinion on Malwarebytes anti-malware?

well at least you have a reason . Most people who ask just think its better because it costs more .

Its the exact same operating system so it should run at the exact same speed as 7 premium
till you start using the additional components [ which you wont be doing all the time ]

You could also look for 3rd party apps to achieve the same result with 7 premium

Truecrypt is one I just found

also worth checking PGP which is now owned by Norton and was originally so good the US government refused to let the banking system use it ....because they knew they could never crack it

PS Why arent you going to the game tonight?

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
please read my thread about invisibility cloak. goto systems and under new build.
i need everyones opinion because it sounds like a bloody good idea fro wich the u.s goverment could work on??????????? please spread the word