Sign in with
Your question

No signal on monitor after sleep

Last response: in Motherboards
September 28, 2012 5:51:31 PM

I found another thread with the exact same problem:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/332014-33-monitor-sig...

Each time my PC goes to sleep, I don't have any signal on my monitor when I awake the computer. Each time, I need to turn off the PC with the power button and reboot it. It's really annoying.

I don't have an ASUS MB though. Is this bug happening on other MB as well? Do I need to do the exact same thing this other guy has been told to? (no idea how to change settings in my motherboard though)

My specs:
CPU: i5-3570k
Graphic Card: Gigabyte GTX 670
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Monitor: ASUS VE248H

I'm currently using a HDMI cable to connect my monitor but I also have a Dvi-D cable. (no idea if it makes a difference but thought I should mention it)

Also, each time I boot my PC, it says on my monitor "HDMI: No signal" then the screen flash and it says " HDMI"
Looks like he can find the correct input at first even if it's there. Might be working as intended but it's weird.
(I'm gonna make a video of that, maybe seeing it could help finding what's the problem)

Thanks for your help

Patrick

More about : signal monitor sleep

September 29, 2012 12:35:41 AM

Here's a bad quality video of the "HDMI no signal" thing:

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/Elkahir/?actio...

The quality is not good enough to read the "HDMI no signal", but it's in that square on the blue screen.

EDIT: I tried connecting the Monitor with my DVI-D cable and I'm not getting that "no signal" thing with this cable.
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
September 29, 2012 1:32:34 AM

did your monitor have a setting to pick up signal like dvi or vga and hdmi then set it to hdmi that could solve your issue
m
l
Related resources
September 29, 2012 7:45:07 PM

The "after sleep" part seems to be working ok now with the DVI-D cable.
Might be the ASUS monitors don't like HDMI cables...
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
September 30, 2012 12:50:52 AM

for the hdmi is your graphic card that provide the signal to the monitor so check you settings on the gtx nvidia panel if you have the hdmi active and the driver for them and if tv is set to receive the hdmi signal
m
l
!