Error when trying to reinstall chipset driver?

TheMaddGamer

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Hey all,

I have the ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard and I recently did a clean install of Windows 7. I was working my way through reinstalling all the necessary drivers (audio, LAN, USB, etc.), and then I got to the chipset driver. It went through the initial setup just fine, and asked to reboot. However, after rebooting into Windows, I was immediately greeted by an error message. I apologize as I don't remember the exact words, but it said something about the chipset not being compatible and something about "ChipsetFRA.dll." Mind you, I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit and I downloaded all the drivers from the ASUS website under the corresponding OS. After all that happened, I decided to do another clean install, but this time I didn't mess with the chipset driver. Now my system is telling me that I need drivers for an "SM Bus Controller" which I learned has to do with the chipset :heink:

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Solution
If you have the disc that came with the motherboard, use the drivers on there. Once you've installed the old, update them to the new.

TRENDING THREADS