I suddenly have no sound coming from my speakers..

simpleediva

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Just this morning, my speakers stopped working....they just died... I have no more sound coming out of my computer speakers. It shows everything as working correctly, but I hear nothing... my speakers have the green round wire that goes in the green jack in the back and a USB wire. I tried plugging the USB wire into several of the different USB ports in the back and it doesn't work on any of them. However when I plug in my headset I can still hear sound on them... so I don't think it's my sound card.
I have checked the cables and everything is in working order. I ran a diagnostic and the system says that everything is in working order. I even plugged the speakers into something else and they work fine. My computer is only 2 years old. Still fairly new in the electronic scheme of things. I just don't have sound coming from the speakers.

simpleediva

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

I did check the sound settings. Nothing is muted and I have no idea how the speaker settings would have gotten changed. I was nowhere near the computer when the sound stopped working. How would I even do that? Check the speaker selection?