I suddenly have no sound coming from my speakers..

Just this morning, my speakers stopped working....they just died... I have no more sound coming out of my computer speakers. It shows everything as working correctly, but I hear nothing... my speakers have the green round wire that goes in the green jack in the back and a USB wire. I tried plugging the USB wire into several of the different USB ports in the back and it doesn't work on any of them. However when I plug in my headset I can still hear sound on them... so I don't think it's my sound card.
I have checked the cables and everything is in working order. I ran a diagnostic and the system says that everything is in working order. I even plugged the speakers into something else and they work fine. My computer is only 2 years old. Still fairly new in the electronic scheme of things. I just don't have sound coming from the speakers.
6 answers Last reply
More about suddenly sound coming speakers
  1. Check all your sound settings in control panel and in sound manager if you have one. Looks like something is muted or wrong speaker setup selection.
  2. rolli59 said:
    Check all your sound settings in control panel and in sound manager if you have one. Looks like something is muted or wrong speaker setup selection.

I did check the sound settings. Nothing is muted and I have no idea how the speaker settings would have gotten changed. I was nowhere near the computer when the sound stopped working. How would I even do that? Check the speaker selection?
  3. In sound properties. Or if you have some kind of sound manager.
  4. I am unable to locate that...can you tell me where to find it, please?
  5. I looked in the sound manager...I did not see anything that would allow the changing of speaker setup selection....is there anything else that I could do?
  6. As a last resort you can always try resetting the BIOS with the power off and no headphones connected remove the motherboard battery for a few moments.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Speakers USB Components