Non- Canon Dual Battery charger for BP511 batteries

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 2, 2005 12:38:04 AM

I'm look for a battery charger which can charge two BP511's at time.
The only one I find is Canon which doesn't have a car power outlet
adapter and is ridiculously expense.

Anyone know of any alternative?

"History is a vast early warning system"

Norman Cousins
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 7:03:27 AM

I bought one with the wall wart, car cord and 2 batteries on ebay for $20.
You need to buy two.

Marten

"John A. Stovall" <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o 8cr419eph3v4c88p6238cet3uv12dnse6@4ax.com...
> I'm look for a battery charger which can charge two BP511's at time.
> The only one I find is Canon which doesn't have a car power outlet
> adapter and is ridiculously expense.
>
> Anyone know of any alternative?
>
> "History is a vast early warning system"
>
> Norman Cousins
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 9:26:57 AM

John A. Stovall wrote:

> I'm look for a battery charger which can charge two BP511's at time.
> The only one I find is Canon which doesn't have a car power outlet
> adapter and is ridiculously expense.
>
> Anyone know of any alternative?

The Canon unit with a dirt-cheap inverter.
April 2, 2005 2:44:13 PM

Robert Barr wrote:
> John A. Stovall wrote:
>
>> I'm look for a battery charger which can charge two BP511's at time.
>> The only one I find is Canon which doesn't have a car power outlet
>> adapter and is ridiculously expense.
>>
>> Anyone know of any alternative?
>

> The Canon unit with a dirt-cheap inverter.

You can get them at BHphoto.com it comes with auto charger plug, etc.
go to google.com and type bp511 charger
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 10:21:55 PM

John A. Stovall wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 05:26:57 GMT, Robert Barr <not@for.harvest>
wrote:

> >John A. Stovall wrote:
> >
> >> I'm look for a battery charger which can charge two BP511's at
time.
> >> The only one I find is Canon which doesn't have a car power outlet
> >> adapter and is ridiculously expense.
> >>
> >> Anyone know of any alternative?
> >
> >The Canon unit with a dirt-cheap inverter.
>
> So we get a 110 dollar charger and a 30 dollar inverter and that 's
an
> alternative?

Get a Lenmar DVC-511 x 2.

See
"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009R8F5/sanfr..."
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:01:59 AM

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 05:26:57 GMT, Robert Barr <not@for.harvest> wrote:

>John A. Stovall wrote:
>
>> I'm look for a battery charger which can charge two BP511's at time.
>> The only one I find is Canon which doesn't have a car power outlet
>> adapter and is ridiculously expense.
>>
>> Anyone know of any alternative?
>
>The Canon unit with a dirt-cheap inverter.

So we get a 110 dollar charger and a 30 dollar inverter and that 's an
alternative?

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:04:23 AM

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:44:13 -0800, Lilo <lilo@normal.com> wrote:

>Robert Barr wrote:
>> John A. Stovall wrote:
>>
>>> I'm look for a battery charger which can charge two BP511's at time.
>>> The only one I find is Canon which doesn't have a car power outlet
>>> adapter and is ridiculously expense.
>>>
>>> Anyone know of any alternative?
>>

>> The Canon unit with a dirt-cheap inverter.
>
>You can get them at BHphoto.com it comes with auto charger plug, etc.
>go to google.com and type bp511 charger

The only bp511 chargers I see at B&H with the autoplug are single
battery chargers which would work with a auto plug cable which spilts
to two outlet which I've seen for charging both a cell phone and PDA
at the same time. That maybe the way I have to go.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 6:25:48 PM

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:38:04 GMT, John A. Stovall
<johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote:

My solution: It's not much if any cheaper than the Canon but more
flexible.

1 - SPP-04 - Lenmar - Power Port 4 Outlet DC Power Socket

2 - LENMAR DVC-511 OmniSource® AC/DC Power/Charger System for Canon
(LENMAR DVC511)

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

"The past is foreign country: they do things differently there."

_The Go-Between_
L.P. Hartley
1895 - 1972
!