Dell XPS 435MT Case + GeForce GTX Card ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duker

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Hello everyone,

Been reading your insightful answers over years (finally registered) and I have to ask for your help.

I have a Dell XPS 435 MT case which came with a GeForce GT 220 video card. The video card is located a few inches from the bottom of the case, and therefore has air circulation.

I would like to upgrade the video card to a more powerful card (i.e. GTX 560, or thereabouts) but I am concerned about size and the placement within the case.

As I understand, most cards now take up two slots, which should work on my set-up, but I am concerned about the fact that the fan will be only about 1/2" or 1" from the bottom of the case. Is it possible to replace the single slot Video Card with a new Dual Slot card and not be threatened by overheating due to the fact the fan faces the bottom of the case?

P.S. I recenetly replaced the Power Supply to an OCZ 600W (so I should be ok with Power).

Thank you all very much for your help - I appreciate it.

Duker

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
(Given the nvidia reference - maybe I should have asked this question in this forum specifically)

Hello everyone,

Been reading your insightful answers over years (finally registered) and I have to ask for your help.

I have a Dell XPS 435 MT case which came with a GeForce GT 220 video card. The video card is located a few inches from the bottom of the case, and therefore has air circulation.

I would like to upgrade the video card to a more powerful card (i.e. GTX 560, or thereabouts) but I am concerned about size and the placement within the case.

As I understand, most cards now take up two slots, which should work on my set-up, but I am concerned about the fact that the fan will be only about 1/2" or 1" from the bottom of the case. Is it possible to replace the single slot Video Card with a new Dual Slot card and not be threatened by overheating due to the fact the fan faces the bottom of the case?

P.S. I recenetly replaced the Power Supply to an OCZ 600W (so I should be ok with Power).

Thank you all very much for your help - I appreciate it.

Duker

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
I'm concerned about the fact that if I put in a new card (which seem to be double slot) - that leaves only about 1/2" to 1" of space before the bottom of the case. As you know, that's where the graphics card fan faces, so a new GTX card overheat in a 435MT Case?

Any type of airflow increase is a positive, as long as it doesnt interfere with the natural flow of the case. In your situation, just make sure there are feet on the case bottom to give it some clearance to allow air to flow into such holes you may create on the bottom of your case

Status
Not open for further replies.