Sign in with
Your question

SAPPHIRE Radeon graphics card compatible with Asus Motherboard?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Graphics Cards
  • Compatibility
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
September 29, 2012 1:18:57 AM

Hello,

I am completely new to building computers, and am worried that I might have purchased an incompatible video card for my motherboard.

Here is what I have;

Asus P8P67-M
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5.

Could you tell me if these are compatible? I managed to get the graphics card to fit onto the motherboard in the correct slot, but I just want to make sure it's actually compatible.

Also, if you could tell me how you can find out if specific items are compatible with other items, if the manufacturers don't have compatibility chart that would help a ton!

More about : sapphire radeon graphics card compatible asus motherboard

September 29, 2012 2:56:18 AM

Yes your video card is compatible. Mixing brands doesn't matter.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 254 U Graphics card
a c 180 V Motherboard
September 29, 2012 3:23:44 AM

Most things are compatable and it's the obvious things that are not. Like the cpu socket , that MB is a 1155 socket so you wouldn't put a 1366 socket cpu in there , the MB supports DDR3 so you wouldn't put DDR2 in there.
When it comes to video cards and hard drives almost everything will work , you would have to find something very old or really odd to not fit or be compatable.
As far as a compatable list goes all you have to do is look at the details tab in the MB description to see what is listed there for the types of parts that are acceptable.
m
l
September 29, 2012 3:28:38 AM

I have the graphics card and it works great with the ASUS P7P55D-e Pro MB.

What problems are you having or are you just asking before you open it ?

m
l
September 29, 2012 3:29:55 AM

Rainey said:
I have the graphics card and it works great with the ASUS P7P55D-e Pro MB.

What problems are you having or are you just asking before you open it ?

Quote:
I managed to get the graphics card to fit onto the motherboard in the correct slot, but I just want to make sure it's actually compatible.
m
l
!