CPU and Motherboard

Papkop

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
I have an Asus P8P67 Deluxe board with an I7 2600 it has a corsair h80 cooler on the cpu 16 gig ram ddr3 1600 corsair vengance with a 750 wat psu and a ATI XFX HD 6870 1gig gddr5 i play games online like WOW and bf3 MW3 and get 3 fps and off line i play games like FEAR 3 with lag too sound included i want to know what is the cause of this is cpu or motherboard that is faulty or is it something else

Papkop

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
there is no dust inside. And what the point of having a cpu that has hyper threading if you cant use it to me this sounds like a motherboard problem cause even in counter has sound lag and cpu lag the cpu runs at 78 percent and when you stop the game the cpu is running at 50 percent why is that

Papkop

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
there is no dust inside. And what the point of having a cpu that has hyper threading if you cant use it to me this sounds like a motherboard problem cause even in counter has sound lag and cpu lag the cpu runs at 78 percent and when you stop the game the cpu is running at 50 percent why is that
all my drivers are updated

Papkop

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
de5 roy read what i am saying bf3 has nothing to do with this i said all games there is cpu lag and sound lag my core temp is perfect so its not that its not software either this is hardware problems and i play bf3 with a 6 core bulldozer no problem only get problems when i use the i7

if the cpu is stuck at 50% usage when theres nothing running other than your av. then your looking for malware... and b4 you say it. yes malware can infect a system thats protected by an anti-virus as there isnt 1 thats 100 percent.
star scanning with decent 1s like avira and malwarebytes. i can almost guarantee it finds something especially if you have avg, avast or worse norton installed.

open task manager and see which process is taking up the most cpu time and thats likely to be your infection, if its ccc or mom thats doing it then you need to flush your gfx drivers with driversweeper or similar.and install freshly downloaded 1s.