Solved

How to reconnect cisco wireless router with 2wire modem after pass word change i

I have a 2wire Modem connected to a Cisco Wireless N Router, that is connected to another Cisco Wireless N Router. All was working well. In my absence sbc (AT&T) changed the pass word of the 2wire Modem. The 2wire has stoped communication with the Cisco Wireless N Routers. I connected am Ethernet wire to one of the ports of the 2wire, and connected it to the 2nd Cisco Wireless N Router. The signal gets to the 2nd Cisco Router. However, when I attempt to access the Internet on the CPU connected to the 2 Cisco Router, I get an error Message saying that there is a problem with the Modem and/or Router. On the available Networks selection screen I can see the connections that I want. The selection info shows connected. But when I try to connect, the I can't.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about reconnect cisco wireless router 2wire modem pass word change
  1. Best answer
    You've tried restarting the modem and router together so that they handshake ?
  2. Yes I have restarted the modem and the router together. The results were the same. Finally I did a hard reset on the modem and the router and reinstalled both units. It was a tast for me. As to I am not a computer person. However. The problem is solved.
  3. Best answer selected by aparker2759.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless Routers Modem Cisco Wireless Networking