Need help fast with mobo

This is a noob question but today I started building my first rig and when I placed the cpu into the sockrt in my Asrock z77 extreme 4 mobo and pushed the lever back down to secure the cpu in place the lever started bending. The video I was watching to build a computer said that I would apply force to it, but im not sure if I was suppose to apply that much to where the lever was bending. Im just wondering if this is normal or should I remove my mobo from case, remove the fan and replace the cpu in again. On a side note I placed the cpu in twice and it kept happening then I tried with the origin cover and it didnt bend so im not sure whats going on.
8 answers Last reply
More about need fast mobo
  1. Oh I had the same issue the first time I built haha. You have to put the lever UNDER the hook which is there below. Pull the lever to the right, then push it under the hook! :)
  2. ^ What he said. I have the same motherboard, and ran into the same issue, very simple fix.
  3. Yeah it is under the hook but its bending because I had to force it under the hook, and when i placed the cpu in it went in perfectly so I dont think it has to do with the cpu
  4. Attach a photo please? :\
  5. they do bend a "LITTLE"

how much are we talking here.....
  6. I just watched some videos on youtube with people putting their cpus in and it bended about the same angle as mine its not much, but i thought even a little is alot, but i guess not. New problem though not sure if its my mobo, but i just finished building my first rig, and started it up just fine monitor displayed and everything. I wet to grab my keyboard so i shut off the system, came back turned it back on and monitor wont display anything anymore. Im not sure whats faulty here.
  7. alot different then the old pentium, or amd chips, aint it!!!

glad to here everything checks out.....

good luck

ps....dont forget to close the thread
  8. afrodaddy said:
    I just watched some videos on youtube with people putting their cpus in and it bended about the same angle as mine its not much, but i thought even a little is alot, but i guess not. New problem though not sure if its my mobo, but i just finished building my first rig, and started it up just fine monitor displayed and everything. I wet to grab my keyboard so i shut off the system, came back turned it back on and monitor wont display anything anymore. Im not sure whats faulty here.

If you're using a graphics card, then try putting it into the integrated graphics port.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards CPUs