Sign in with
Your question

Need help fast with mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
September 29, 2012 5:34:33 AM

This is a noob question but today I started building my first rig and when I placed the cpu into the sockrt in my Asrock z77 extreme 4 mobo and pushed the lever back down to secure the cpu in place the lever started bending. The video I was watching to build a computer said that I would apply force to it, but im not sure if I was suppose to apply that much to where the lever was bending. Im just wondering if this is normal or should I remove my mobo from case, remove the fan and replace the cpu in again. On a side note I placed the cpu in twice and it kept happening then I tried with the origin cover and it didnt bend so im not sure whats going on.

More about : fast mobo

a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2012 9:57:39 AM

Oh I had the same issue the first time I built haha. You have to put the lever UNDER the hook which is there below. Pull the lever to the right, then push it under the hook! :) 
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2012 10:05:03 AM

^ What he said. I have the same motherboard, and ran into the same issue, very simple fix.
Related resources
September 29, 2012 1:24:25 PM

Yeah it is under the hook but its bending because I had to force it under the hook, and when i placed the cpu in it went in perfectly so I dont think it has to do with the cpu
a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2012 2:38:45 PM

Attach a photo please? :\
September 29, 2012 7:28:13 PM

they do bend a "LITTLE"

how much are we talking here.....
September 29, 2012 7:32:23 PM

I just watched some videos on youtube with people putting their cpus in and it bended about the same angle as mine its not much, but i thought even a little is alot, but i guess not. New problem though not sure if its my mobo, but i just finished building my first rig, and started it up just fine monitor displayed and everything. I wet to grab my keyboard so i shut off the system, came back turned it back on and monitor wont display anything anymore. Im not sure whats faulty here.
September 29, 2012 8:14:46 PM

alot different then the old pentium, or amd chips, aint it!!!

glad to here everything checks out.....

good luck

ps....dont forget to close the thread
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2012 8:10:19 AM

afrodaddy said:
I just watched some videos on youtube with people putting their cpus in and it bended about the same angle as mine its not much, but i thought even a little is alot, but i guess not. New problem though not sure if its my mobo, but i just finished building my first rig, and started it up just fine monitor displayed and everything. I wet to grab my keyboard so i shut off the system, came back turned it back on and monitor wont display anything anymore. Im not sure whats faulty here.

If you're using a graphics card, then try putting it into the integrated graphics port.
!