5770 xfx cable problem!

pkhamidar2com

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Hey, ok here it is, i have a monitor, its vga (im gonna get a new monitor in the near future, not right now)

So the graphics card im getting, btw this is not changeable, is an xfx ati radeon 5770, single slot card, 1gb, and it only has dvi and i think this diplay port thing.

Now, i need a dvi to vga converter. Please can someone tell me which one i need, what id dsub hd15 or something.

Can you guys show me a cheap, inexpensive, around 5 pounds or less, something real cheap that can fix this problem? I need it quite soon :(

mjsharma

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
For backward compatibility with displays using analog VGA signals, some of the contacts in the DVI connector carry the analog VGA signals. Thus, the DVI connector can carry a digital-video signal, an analog VGA signal, or both

pkhamidar2com

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
ok, sorry if im rude, but ir eally dont understand much. All i need to know is will it work with my vga monitor and my xfx 5770? please, just a yes or no. Im like literally jumping around!

mjsharma

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
yes it will
the dvi connector has some pins carrying vga signal(Analog) those pins are used in this converter to get vga to your display that is why there are few pins on the dvi male part of the cable