Help bought a new case, don't know which wires connect to motherboard.

Help me please!! I spent the last 4.5 hours on what I thought would be a simple enough task. I bought a new case and wanted to transfer the contents of my old computer in the new case, but I cant seem to figure out where to plug what (in terms of the front panel wires)

Case: CM 690 II Advanced
Motherboard: ECS MCP61PM-HM
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01077676&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=ca&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3440614#N31

There are these wires on the CM case labeled HDD LED, Power SW, Reset SW, Power LED +,-. I have no idea where to put them to make my computer start, I been blind guessing for the past hour and the best I can do is make my computer turn on and make a long beeping sound.
3 answers Last reply
More about help bought case wires connect motherboard
  1. Looks like the front panel diagram is directly above where it says CE, serial ATA on the motherboard. Can't read it due to blurry photos.
  2. Icenick said:
    Help me please!! I spent the last 4.5 hours on what I thought would be a simple enough task. I bought a new case and wanted to transfer the contents of my old computer in the new case, but I cant seem to figure out where to plug what (in terms of the front panel wires)

Case: CM 690 II Advanced
    Motherboard: ECS MCP61PM-HM
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01077676&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=ca&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3440614#N31

There are these wires on the CM case labeled HDD LED, Power SW, Reset SW, Power LED +,-. I have no idea where to put them to make my computer start, I been blind guessing for the past hour and the best I can do is make my computer turn on and make a long beeping sound.
    You must have it wired at least partially correct, otherwise it wouldn't turn on and give you a continuous beep, which usually indicates a memory error.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Computers Motherboards Components