Sign in with
Your question

Help bought a new case, don't know which wires connect to motherboard.

Last response: in Components
December 17, 2011 6:40:09 PM

Help me please!! I spent the last 4.5 hours on what I thought would be a simple enough task. I bought a new case and wanted to transfer the contents of my old computer in the new case, but I cant seem to figure out where to plug what (in terms of the front panel wires)

Case: CM 690 II Advanced
Motherboard: ECS MCP61PM-HM

There are these wires on the CM case labeled HDD LED, Power SW, Reset SW, Power LED +,-. I have no idea where to put them to make my computer start, I been blind guessing for the past hour and the best I can do is make my computer turn on and make a long beeping sound.

More about : bought case wires connect motherboard

December 17, 2011 7:19:50 PM

Looks like the front panel diagram is directly above where it says CE, serial ATA on the motherboard. Can't read it due to blurry photos.
m
l
a c 1204 ) Power supply
a c 223 V Motherboard
December 17, 2011 9:18:56 PM

m
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2011 9:29:58 PM

Icenick said:
Help me please!! I spent the last 4.5 hours on what I thought would be a simple enough task. I bought a new case and wanted to transfer the contents of my old computer in the new case, but I cant seem to figure out where to plug what (in terms of the front panel wires)

Case: CM 690 II Advanced
Motherboard: ECS MCP61PM-HM

There are these wires on the CM case labeled HDD LED, Power SW, Reset SW, Power LED +,-. I have no idea where to put them to make my computer start, I been blind guessing for the past hour and the best I can do is make my computer turn on and make a long beeping sound.
You must have it wired at least partially correct, otherwise it wouldn't turn on and give you a continuous beep, which usually indicates a memory error.
m
l
Related resources
!