Upgrading eMachines ET1331G-07w

gabeco

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
I'm looking to upgrade my eMachines ET1331G-07w. Its about a year old now, and just found out I wont be able to Play SW TOR on it. I Have about $200-$300 to spend, and need to upgrade the processor, video card, and maybe the power supply, depending on the first 2.

However, from what I have heard, emachines computers computers are rather un-upgradable, and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a pretty good video card, processor and power supply that will work in this computer, for around $200-$300.

Thankyou

A good upgrade for eMachines would be the RAM. Add some identical RAM if you have any empty slots.

eMachines is not a brand of computer that you want to spend too much money on.

If you want to upgrade the major components, consider a new build, or a new and better computer.

gabeco

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
ive got 4 gigs of RAM already, so i dont really need more of that. And a new computer isnt really going over well with my parents, but I can upgrade it all i want, so thats really my only choice.

Build a completely new one, that would be my reccomendation.

Upgrading is not your only choice! 'Do nothing' is also a choice that most people overlook.

In this case, use the computer as-is until you can build your own as I already suggested earlier.

gullmanjr

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hello there I just upgraded my emachines et133g-07w with Dynex 520-watt ATX power supply and a Geforce GTX 550 Ti . And got every thing at Best Buy for alittle over 200$ . And it all works GREAT....