Sign in with
Your question

Lags at 85FPS O.O hd 4870 1gb

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 16, 2011 8:19:56 PM

ok, this problem happened since i bought the video card, HD 4870 1GB...
it first lagged on 40 FPS, but now, after like 7 months, it became worse and worse, now it lags on 85 FPS with the game AVA...
i have now idea, i tried everything!
so far what ive tried(long list lol)

my spec:

Intel core 2 duo E7400
P5QPL-AM
HD 4870 1GB
4 GB RAM PATRIOT
500HDD
500 POWER SUPPLY OCZ

Update drivers, Repair windows, Fan on 80%, format HDD(3 times already!) Format windows, reinstall game, reinstall drivers, change screen, switch screen input port, switch video card output port, switch screen, update game, up date windows,add memory, thermal paste on GPU graphics card, thermal paste on CPU, cleaning the PC, tuneup the PC, smart defrag, HDD clean up and tune-up,cooling the PC with extra fan, screen update, change power-supply ports in video card(switch em)...

yeah, tried all of it...none worked...and with the time, it got worse and worse...
In this month, i suppose to get a new gaming build, which includes HD 6950 CF and i7 2600K and with ASRock p67 extreme4 B3...but, i dunno when at july, it can be today or tomorrow...i dunno, but, before that, i want to solve that video card problem which keeps bothering

PEOPLE I JUST INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 64BIT...WISH ME LUCK ;D

NOT WORKING! GOT EVEN MORE LAGS!...

More about : lags 85fps 4870 1gb

a b U Graphics card
July 16, 2011 8:34:08 PM

full system specs? what is the make and model of everything? your psu sounds sketch and if you have an old HDD then it will cause stuttering please give more information, what is AVA? your new system should be sick
July 16, 2011 8:35:57 PM

I have no idea what are you talking about to be honest. What is your definition of lag? You have a constant 85 fps and lag? This does not make sense sorry, you have be more detailed than that. Lag is usually caused by a shitty internet connection. You probably dip down when there is alot of action going on and get 85 fps inside. No idea
Related resources
July 16, 2011 9:09:50 PM

jjb8675309 said:
full system specs? what is the make and model of everything? your psu sounds sketch and if you have an old HDD then it will cause stuttering please give more information, what is AVA? your new system should be sick

brandondiep said:
I have no idea what are you talking about to be honest. What is your definition of lag? You have a constant 85 fps and lag? This does not make sense sorry, you have be more detailed than that. Lag is usually caused by a shitty internet connection. You probably dip down when there is alot of action going on and get 85 fps inside. No idea

well, i bought the old system in 2009, and YES! that was the word i was looking for! stuttering! and now i checked, even at 120 FPS it stutter...
well, the 'lag' is kinda choppy frame rates, like when i move, the frames dont move smoothly, they move like 19 FPS...when its 120...
i bought all the parts from NEWegg, except of the video card and psu, bought in TIGERDIRECT...
and i was working from the beginning of April, and still kinda working on it, on the new gaming setup! it SHOULD be sick! no no, it HAS to be sick...no wait! it WILL be sick, amazing, beautiful, and faster than my girlfriend in bed O.o
a b U Graphics card
July 16, 2011 9:22:25 PM

well if your not going to answer any basic q's about your rig then have fun
July 16, 2011 9:38:02 PM

jjb8675309 said:
well if your not going to answer any basic q's about your rig then have fun

ok...

Intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8Ghz

P5QPL-AM motherboard with only one pci e slot

4 gb ram patriot 1066Mhz ( i have 32 bit, which means only uses 3.5 GB ram)

Windows XP 32 bit

XFX HD 4870 1GB update to the latest drivers

HDD 500GB model HD502HI

AVA is a online-free game made by ijji company, the ava works on unreal Engine ( pretty good for a free game!)

my system is from 2009...kinda old, thats why im buying new gaming PC...(well im buying it from NEWEGG, and im buying parts of course, then i put them together )
July 17, 2011 5:55:34 PM

No idea, your rig should be able to run that game without a problem. If that is all you are playing you do not need that huge upgrade, maybe a decent quad core(phenom 955) and a mid range graphics card(6850) would be enough.
July 20, 2011 5:30:12 AM

LOL what a FAIL! ive installed windows 7 64bit, and so far, ive got even more lags! stuttering! hahaha....wtf? ahh...hell of a day, i mean, first i find out my girlfriend cheats on me, and then this crap...waw...:D ....:) ....:|....:\...:( ... :,0
July 20, 2011 6:23:05 AM

I set my max prerendered frames up to 8 in the control panel don't know if ATI has that but that helped me a lot. You can also try turning down the refresh rate on your monitor a lot of people will tell you that your CPU is too slow putting down your graphics cards performance.
July 20, 2011 11:01:43 AM

oblivion666 said:
I set my max prerendered frames up to 8 in the control panel don't know if ATI has that but that helped me a lot. You can also try turning down the refresh rate on your monitor a lot of people will tell you that your CPU is too slow putting down your graphics cards performance.

Bro know what? this stupid thing...Now when I look at this...its pointless, i mean, with out her its pointless...I am in the middle of hate and love right now, i have no emotions...That skank cheated on me...And all my friends told me she would, but i didnt believe them!...look what happened now...goddammit! I feel like thats the end of the world... first love, 15...hurts, especially when she cheats on you! while you open your heart for her!....
take some advices man, people learn from mistakes...learn from mine!...when a friend tell you, he tell you...

people you can stop trying now, hopefully my new rig will come soon on this month:)  I'll be waiting for it, and i'll move on...I'll find someone that really cares about me...thank you people, and good night :|
July 20, 2011 8:57:03 PM

You are 15, did u expect a long term relation-ship and a girl that cheats at 15 is not going to have a bright future. Wanna stay away from those kind of girls.
July 21, 2011 12:16:48 AM

brandondiep said:
You are 15, did u expect a long term relation-ship and a girl that cheats at 15 is not going to have a bright future. Wanna stay away from those kind of girls.

Yeah, but at first, she were all innocent, next thing I know, my friends keep telling me, "She just want to mess around!" ,
and I kept saying, "You dont know her! She is not like this"...
She did this *** to my friend, caused him to move up north to Georgia...
Once a cheater, always a cheater...
!