Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z77-V LX doesn't boot from a device

Last response: in Motherboards
September 29, 2012 3:22:19 PM

My Asus P8Z77-V LX motherboard doesn't boot any devices.

It worked for a short while and I was able to install Windows 7 and the Drivers and Utilities. Then I restarted my PC and now it isn't booting any devices. I can get into the BIOS, but it won't boot from my SSD, or even from a USB.

I have tried booting with only one RAM in DIMM slot 1. I have also tried clearing the CMOS, and I even updated the BIOS. It still wouldn't boot from device.

Multiple times I have reset the BIOS to it's default setting, but it still won't work.

I know it's not the RAM because i have tried two variations of RAM, one of which I tested on my other build.

Any ideas?

More about : asus p8z77 boot device

a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2012 6:17:45 PM

Check all connectors on motherboard to make sure none came lose. Also do you have a video card installed? How far does the boot sequence get?
September 29, 2012 8:06:03 PM

knightdog56 said:
Check all connectors on motherboard to make sure none came lose. Also do you have a video card installed? How far does the boot sequence get?

No video card installed.

The boot sequence gets up to the BIOS screen (and you can access the BIOS) then reboots.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2012 1:28:33 AM

Did you try the memok button?
September 30, 2012 9:01:54 AM

knightdog56 said:
Did you try the memok button?

Yes. Multiple times.

The problem is that the motherboard recognizes the devices (my SSD, HDD, and USB) but fails to boot from them.
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2012 4:40:50 PM

Time to contact ASUS see if they can help.
!