Using Ipaq 2210 to connect to internet over bluetooth

I have managed to get to a screen on the Ipaq which says Network Log On.

I have no idea what the details are. Have tried entering nothing and
entering my Windows logon details but none work and it just says connecting
all the time.

Any guide to setting it up would be helpful. I remember seeing one on the
web somewhere but can't find it via google.

Thanks in advance

Regards

tHatDudeUK
11 answers Last reply
More about using ipaq 2210 connect internet bluetooth

    check out this link:

    http://www.wifi-forum.com/wf/showthread.php?t=2381

    --
    btooth

    "tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > I have managed to get to a screen on the Ipaq which says Network Log On.

    It says

    Connecting to: BT Network Access
    Using: Bluetooth Null Modem
    Dialling: Connect
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > "tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > I have managed to get to a screen on the Ipaq which says Network Log On.
    >
    > It says
    >
    > Connecting to: BT Network Access
    > Using: Bluetooth Null Modem
    > Dialling: Connect

    Don't enter anything there. Just check the box "Remember password" and OK.

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > Don't enter anything there. Just check the box "Remember password" and OK.

    Weird thing is sometimes it works ok and doesn't ask this, then all of a
    sudden it starts going weird and asks.

    Seems to disconnect occasionally even though I have good signal quality etc.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Don't enter anything there. Just check the box "Remember password" and
    OK.

    > Weird thing is sometimes it works ok and doesn't ask this, then all of a
    > sudden it starts going weird and asks.
    >
    > Seems to disconnect occasionally even though I have good signal quality
    etc.

    It could be a problem on the Pocket PC registry, not having the correct keys
    to hold the info? Do you know if this connects ok, until you soft reset,
    then the first connection asks for the credentials?

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > It could be a problem on the Pocket PC registry, not having the correct
    keys
    > to hold the info? Do you know if this connects ok, until you soft reset,
    > then the first connection asks for the credentials?

    Sorry not sure what you mean.

    I got it working now and did the save password thing. It still disconnects
    randomly sometimes. I'm not sure what's causing it but it's very annoying.
    Especially when streaming audio or something.

    The H2210 is new and I have applied all latest updates I can find, so I
    think the problem is at the PC end.

    I'm using an MSI USB bluetooth dongle wih the 1.4.2 build 10 drivers. Will
    check for an update on drivers now and see what I can do.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > > It could be a problem on the Pocket PC registry, not having the correct
    > keys
    > > to hold the info? Do you know if this connects ok, until you soft reset,
    > > then the first connection asks for the credentials?
    >
    > Sorry not sure what you mean.
    >
    > I got it working now and did the save password thing. It still disconnects
    > randomly sometimes. I'm not sure what's causing it but it's very annoying.
    > Especially when streaming audio or something.
    >
    > The H2210 is new and I have applied all latest updates I can find, so I
    > think the problem is at the PC end.
    >
    > I'm using an MSI USB bluetooth dongle wih the 1.4.2 build 10 drivers. Will
    > check for an update on drivers now and see what I can do.

    1.4.2 is quite current. Don't bother. Make sure you uncheck the Power
    Management box in the USB controllers (Windows Key + Break to access the
    System Properties). They tend to sleep, even when in use...

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > 1.4.2 is quite current. Don't bother. Make sure you uncheck the Power
    > Management box in the USB controllers (Windows Key + Break to access the
    > System Properties). They tend to sleep, even when in use...

    I changed that and it still disconnected

    I input DNS servers into the blutooth TCP/IP properties (nothing was there
    before) and have just left it running as a test playing 128k streaming audio
    and it's been going for 177 minutes no probs. This has been near the PC tho
    so I dunno if my probs before were proximity problems.

    Many thanks for your help.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > I input DNS servers into the blutooth TCP/IP properties (nothing was there
    > before) and have just left it running as a test playing 128k streaming
    audio
    > and it's been going for 177 minutes no probs. This has been near the PC
    tho
    > so I dunno if my probs before were proximity problems.

    Right, the plot thickens. I think the problem is the PDA. Happens when using
    Pocket IE. I got an error message trying to start the bluetooth manager
    saying there wasn't enough free memory to start the bluetooth device. My
    guess is that using PIE removes memory or stops bluetooth getting the memory
    it needs somehow. I guess the only solution is to free up memory.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > "tHatDudeUK" <randomcharsforspammers@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > I input DNS servers into the blutooth TCP/IP properties (nothing was
    there
    > > before) and have just left it running as a test playing 128k streaming
    > audio
    > > and it's been going for 177 minutes no probs. This has been near the PC
    > tho
    > > so I dunno if my probs before were proximity problems.
    >
    > Right, the plot thickens. I think the problem is the PDA. Happens when
    using
    > Pocket IE. I got an error message trying to start the bluetooth manager
    > saying there wasn't enough free memory to start the bluetooth device. My
    > guess is that using PIE removes memory or stops bluetooth getting the
    memory
    > it needs somehow. I guess the only solution is to free up memory.

    Have a look at this review:

    Pocket Internet Explorer uses 17MB by default as cache!

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > Have a look at this review:
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2977
    >
    > Pocket Internet Explorer uses 17MB by default as cache!

    That's quite big considering the device only has 64mb and most is already
    used. Looks like this app is worth getting..

    Thanks for all you help.

Bluetooth Connection Ipaq Internet