Most common and cheapest motherboard?

flashbond

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hi guys,

I am pretty much confused with H77, Z68 and Z77 chipsets.

Now, what is the most common, affordable, avarage (whatever you call) motherbord in the market which has

-native 22nm Ivy support
-native 1600MHz support (without O.C)
-No onboard GPU
-Virtu Switchable Graphics (or another switchable graphics technology) for intel processer HD GPU

????......

Asus says, "Integrated Graphics Processor" which I couldn't figure out if they're mentioning an onboard GPU or reffering an intel processor HD GPU?
Also in Asus models there are some mother boards with "LucidLogix Virtu MVP" technology of which I am not sure if it is another switchable technology.
Most of the MSI models are not with native Ivy and 1600MHz support.
Gigabyte is not even mentioning if the memories work with O.C or not...

I want the most common, affordable, may be the most popular motherboard with only those 4 features above. Nothing more, nothing less...

If you have an idea for this or if you are using one, please tell me. I would be appreciated.

Regards...............

AM2A

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Which CPU are you planning to use?

If you are not planning to overclock, then you are describing an H77 motherboard.
If any of the boards say anything about integrated graphics, they are referring to the graphics built into the processor.
Lucid virtu lets you switch between the integrated intel graphics and a discrete GPU.
I'm not sure what the most popular and affordable H77 board is, but here's an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157302

AM2A

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
a couple things:
The 2600K is sandy bridge, not ivy bridge.
The only reason to get a K CPU is to overclock it. Otherwise, go with a non K edition and save a few bucks

flashbond

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Mo, my mistake. Sorry, it was my old decison. I will go for a I7 3770. Yes, no K. I read something about this before.

AM2A

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
I don't think it does. Usually if it supports virtu it's listed, since it's a selling point. Also, I don't see anything for Virtu in the drivers.

flashbond

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
OK, "I don't think it does. Usually if it supports virtu it's listed, since it's a selling point." this answer is enough for my further searches! You are a great guy ;)

AM2A

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
You can check in the drivers and utilities the motherboard vendor has for download. If the board supports virtu it should have a download for it in there. This applies to any motherboard

TRENDING THREADS