Advice for Mid-Range LCD Monitor

Woznet

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Aug 1

Budget Range: Pref: Around $300 Max: $500

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: Blu Ray Movies, Games, Internet, Picture Editing, Productivity(word, excel, power point)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com

Country of Origin: USA

Brand Preferences: Anything but Acer

Physical Size (Diagonal): 23-24 inches

Resolution(s) You'll Consider: 1920x1200

Computers and Other Devices To Attach: Computer DVI

Panel Type(s) Desired: Pref: IPS

LED Backlight: Highly Desired

Speakers: Indifferent

Wall-Mount: Indifferent

Stand Functions: My current LCD has tilt, but I have never used it. My desk wont allow for the LCD to tilt let alone pivot or swivel

Additional Comments: I am looking for the best image possible with a decent refresh rate. I watch a lot of Blu Rays on my computer and having a clear, crisp image is important to me. I also value a wide range of colors.

Thank you in advance for your help in narrowing down LCD that will work for me.

I didnt see a sub-category for LCD displays. I most likely posted in the wrong sub-category, if a mod could move this if needed that would be appreciated.

Woznet

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
That is a great monitor, only thing is I am want to stick to the 16:10 (1920x1200) aspect ratio, I like the extra room when surfing the web and working on school work. I know it will be hard to find an LED with 16x10, might even be impossible being as I havent found one yet.

Currently my two choices are the Dell UltraSharp U2410 and the Asus PA246Q, both at the top of my price range but they have some great reviews. I think if I had to choose one it would be the Asus. This isnt by any means a final decision, I still have 2 weeks to decide what I want to commit to.