GA-Z77X-UD3H Cant boot into Bios A9 Error

primary suspect

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Hello,
With nothing but the SSD HDD attached to the MB, i receive a "choose boot device or insert boot media in device...press any key". The message just repeats, no matter what is pressed,... Or if I do insert a boot disk, at this point, it will allow me to completely load an additional OS, however, I cannot FDISK or remove the current OS, because I cannot get into the Bios...

I've already performed a bat/removal, Quick button , Bios Jumper Pins/Short, MB ATX, power drain.. CMOS clearing....

NEW UPDATE....

While writing this piece, I've been also trouble shooting...

I removed and reseated everything and in sequence of the previous CMOS Clearing...

steps:-

1) Remove EVERYTHING from MB, you should have zero drives, cards, memory, etc... attached, internally, and only Monitor and Power Cord attached Externally.. (I DID NOT SEE A REASON TO REMOVE THE CPU & Or Fans, SO I RECOMMENDED AS IN MY CASE STATED ABOVE,DO NOT!)

2) Perform the Full Complete CMOS Clearing that I stated above...

this can be found in the manual on pages 32, 33 and 110.
keep in mind, you must get to know your MB, always REMOVE ALL POWER AT APPROPIATE TIMES, OR you CAN OR MAY DAMAGE YOUR MB..

3) Now with nothing but the memory attached internally to the MB and the monitor externally, rebooted and was then able to access the Bios...

The following steps, may be a tedious, I chose to take the long rout and also try to diagnosed the issue, .. I performed the full build one device at a time with a full power down and restart in between each device..
In my case it wasn't hard, at this point, I only have mem, SSD and SATA HDD & DVD drive..
No cards internally.

Sorry for being drawn out but i know what I've been going through lately, including and email to tech support last night, I haven't received an answer as yet, maybe due to it being the weekend.

I hope this can help, it killed my sat but least least it beats the entire MB return process.

make sure your mb has the f17 bios. if it does not use a usb stick and slowly update it. if the ssd not reading sometime you can do a secure erase or bios update and recover the drive. most drive if they get a bd format or power cycle can brick like that till there recovered. also on your new mb make sure your only using the intel sata chipset ports. and the sata poorts set to achi not ide or raid.