Problem with Video Playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

paroxysm11

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
First of all, I hate to be the person who registers just to ask for help... but this issue has got me stymied and Tom's seems to be the best place to post for assistance.

The Problem:
I have many movies saved on my laptop - old saved DVDs, etcetera. When I attempt to play them (using DivX, WMP, RealPlayer), the films stutter, cut out, or just tend to be choppy and almost unwatchable. This problem goes on and off, alternating (in general) about thirty seconds of acceptable watching, then a good long time of choppiness. I have updated drivers, closed all unnecessary processes, and made sure that the laptop was set to High Performance (and made sure Video Playback was Optimised in the power options).

My Specs:
Operating System: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz (Arrandale 32nm Technology)
RAM: 6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0G62V9 (CPU 1)
Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor @ 1366x768 (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v (Dell))
Hard Drives: 625GB TOSHIBA TOSHIBA MK6465GSX (SATA)
Optical Drives: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L633C and ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio: ATI High Definition Audio Device

Note: These specs were gathered with Speccy - so they are accurate.

Come on Tom's - I know you can give me a hand with this.

Solution
Use combined community codec pack (cccp) media player classic. Also make sure amd avivo is installed properly. Enable hardware accleeration in media player classic by going to view>option>output

select evr custom pres, dx9 and dx9 for direct show, realmedia and quicktime video.

apply

go to internal filter and select the mpeg-2, H.264 and vc1 filter with (dxva) on it.

ok

exit and restart the program.

Also try turn off aero
Use combined community codec pack (cccp) media player classic. Also make sure amd avivo is installed properly. Enable hardware accleeration in media player classic by going to view>option>output

select evr custom pres, dx9 and dx9 for direct show, realmedia and quicktime video.

apply

go to internal filter and select the mpeg-2, H.264 and vc1 filter with (dxva) on it.

ok

exit and restart the program.

Also try turn off aero

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.