HD 5670 fps problems with 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkcat

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
So, I recently took the Tom's Hardware advice for best value card for the June edition and picked up a Sapphire 5670 HD 1gigGDDR5 version.

I'm loving the card's performance in my machine so far, but I have two weird questions. I'm having massive framerate issues in two games in particular, Rift and League of Legends. The machine runs TF2 and Starcraft 2 even better than it used to, I'm getting a stable 60+ fps in both on medium/high settings.

But after the card, LoL in particular, has just awful framerate problems. Is this a known driver issue? Is it with LoL? There's absolutely nothing wrong with my computer, but the old 4670 I had ran the game stable on high.

I've got a 650W Antec power supply, AMD Phenom XII Black 555, 4gigs of memory, Win7. The issue doesn't seem to be coming from the computer, especially considering it runs more graphic intensive games better.

Basically, what I'm wondering, is there a driver version that's considered "best"? I've done some reading and found that the 11.x drivers have caused issues for a lot of people, but I have no idea what to move to.

Solution
It's most likely a driver issue, the best for the 5670, has to be 10.5, try it out, people say it was the last good one because the newer one to it cause laggy framerates in certain games, so give it a try, be sure to delete the old ones! :)

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
It's most likely a driver issue, the best for the 5670, has to be 10.5, try it out, people say it was the last good one because the newer one to it cause laggy framerates in certain games, so give it a try, be sure to delete the old ones! :)

Solution

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011

Yeah I know, I was skeptical too but everyone says that's the best for the 5670.

Status
Not open for further replies.