Sapphire ATI 5570 wont run three monitors with Eyefinit

da_awesomest

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Hey guys, I currently am running a sapphire 5570 1GB DDR3 with dp/dvi/vga. I have three 1920x1080 displays. However, when trying to run eyefinity in CCC it only gives me the 2x1 or 1x2 option and it wont give me the 3x1 option. I have one connected with the vga and the other with the dvi and the third with an dp to hdmi active adapter. all three displays show up but if i try to enable the third monitor this it tells me i have to disable one of the other screens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because i have spent many hours trying to get this to work. I have an HP desktop running windows 7 and 8gb of ram. i have already tried to uninstall/reinstall the drivers and software.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I had some problems setting you my card with eyefinity as well. My first piece of advice is to do some research and make REALLY sure that the adapter is a active display port adapter i went through 3 adapters before finding the right one. Now I'm going to make some guesses here since I'm not a eyefinity expert so i hope some people well help ring it it might be possible that you simply can not eyefinity 3x1930x1080 displays on that card or maybe even in general have you tried making them in to extensions of the desktop if that works it might help all of us with trouble shooting.

The fact that you are using a DVI to VGA adapter means that from the HD 6870 you are using 2 DVI ports and DisplayPort. That qualifies for the 1st configuration of:

DVI, DVI, DisplayPort

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I'm pretty sure that unless your using some kind of converter its simply a interface change up the card is still outputing a analog signal to the vga monitor seeing as how that's is all it can support * the one I have* and two digital signals.