A little help please?

geno_raptor

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Hey guys, let me first introduce myself, my name is Lee. First time user of this forum. probably not the last, but hopefully I won't be too much of a problem.

Well, long story short, I bought a cheap desktop at a local indoor flea market from a vendor who supposedly worked in computer full time. I kind of figured I was taking as risk when I bought the pc, but it was only couple hundred, so I figured what the heck? Plus it had a nice monitor.

That was back in February and for the most part he machine has worked out just fine, but today something weird happen. I was browsing the net when suddenly the screen went blue and a bunch of information popped up. I can't recall the most of it, but I think it said something about a registry key error in win32 or something like that. I rebooted as instructed and got the following:

error report contents
---------------------------------
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERed1d.dir00\Mini091611-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERed1d.dir00\sysdata.xml

http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/14/27/33/94/errorc10.png

I can't make heads or tales of this stuff and a quick look around google did nothing to help me either, so I was wondering if you guys could tell me what happened and how worried I should be? This is the first time that it's happened. My PC specs are bellow.

System Info
-------------------------------------------------------
O.S: Microsoft windows XP Home Edition (5.1, build 2600)
System: Everex Systems Inc.
System model: FC-PCM7G
Bios: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6,00PG
Processor: VIA Esther Processor 1500MHZ, MMX, ~1.5gHz
Memory: 958Mb RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9,0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. Also, I know the machine sucks. x.x

Solution
BSOD = blue screen of death. It can be caused by either hardware or software problems. It can be intermittent or solid. Sometimes the screen gives useful information, mostly not.

Suggestions: (1) get an antivirus and run it now. If you do not have one then download 'Microsoft security essentials', free from MS. (2) if the problem has not happened again don't sweat it. None of the PC hardware is properly checked. Sunspots can flip bits in memory and nothing can detect. (3) if the problem repeats then try to isolate what you are doing at the time of the error... is it always a game with video stress, a particulate web page, a hot day, etc. and post.
BSOD = blue screen of death. It can be caused by either hardware or software problems. It can be intermittent or solid. Sometimes the screen gives useful information, mostly not.

Suggestions: (1) get an antivirus and run it now. If you do not have one then download 'Microsoft security essentials', free from MS. (2) if the problem has not happened again don't sweat it. None of the PC hardware is properly checked. Sunspots can flip bits in memory and nothing can detect. (3) if the problem repeats then try to isolate what you are doing at the time of the error... is it always a game with video stress, a particulate web page, a hot day, etc. and post.

Solution

geno_raptor

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Hey guys!

Well, since I posted this, I've not had another BSOD, so I'm going to chalk it up to some random fluke of chance and pray that this thing holds out til I can get a proper replacement. XD

Thank you all for the information and your concern. :D

TRENDING THREADS